Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for an OEM 993 TT Car Cover with bag

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 09:09 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

I never use a cover mainly because of the scratch risk but I also like to see her frequently......miss her so in the winter. Also, no matter how good your garage is, mickeys will find their way into dark places.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:56 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike J
I have never used covers because of the chances of scratching the paint given how tight the cover is and if even if a little bit of sand gets in between - balancing that off with of course with the paint exposed scratching the paint with some mishap -- Can't win I guess.

For the guys who use the covers, do you limit this to a once a year winter off-the-road ritual, or use them all the time?

I guess you also pull the battery since, even leaving it on tender, there is no where for any possible gases to go?

Cheers,

Mike
The cover I got is iindoor type and is very smooth inside to avoid the scratches, etc also flexibale (stretch). I don't use my turbo much (stupid me) so I use this device

As far for the dust, I get dust once every a while when I take off the car cover, "dusty/sand" type, but that's somethign I have to live with since here in my city almost never rains.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

I have one from my previous 993turbo. I thought it was indoor, it is silver and does not fit very tightly. Pm me with email and I will get a photo and we can work out a price if you are interested. Note, it also came with a cable to attach under the car so maybe it is an outdoor one?
Old 12-16-2015, 11:47 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbodan
I have one from my previous 993turbo. I thought it was indoor, it is silver and does not fit very tightly. Pm me with email and I will get a photo and we can work out a price if you are interested. Note, it also came with a cable to attach under the car so maybe it is an outdoor one?
If Op doesn't want it I'll buy it.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:53 PM
toddturbos
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, I want it. I just sent a pm.

Like 997rs4.0 said, I too only use the cover after the car is thoroughly washed. Mine is an indoor cover and it's extremely soft inside. As added protection, I also cover the tires/wheels with a wheel cover intended for outdoor long term storage for motor cars. This way the inside of the car cover doesn't touch the tires, which usually have some time of shine coating. Todd
Old 12-18-2015, 03:04 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by DiegoR
The cover I got is iindoor type and is very smooth inside to avoid the scratches, etc also flexibale (stretch). I don't use my turbo much (stupid me) so I use this device

As far for the dust, I get dust once every a while when I take off the car cover, "dusty/sand" type, but that's somethign I have to live with since here in my city almost never rains.
Diego, don't you loose your programing when you disconnect the battery? I just put my battery on a trickle charger to void this.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:18 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ronnie993tt
Diego, don't you loose your programing when you disconnect the battery? I just put my battery on a trickle charger to void this.
Hmm..yes & no. If you mean the drive block system. But speaking of it, recently I re-conected the terminal to start the car and the alarm was activated and I couldn't disable with my key (fresh battery and red led on) but luckily me I had the spare remote control in the ashtray for emergency and it did work. This was the first time my main fob key remote didn't disable the alarm after conecting the electrical system in the car after several times I have done this in the past...WEIRD.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:00 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike, I used the OEM outdoor car cover for 2 winters in Chicago. It worked well enough, the only thing is that it is breathable and you should ideally keep the snow off the cover as the water will pool up in the turbo tail section as it melts during the daytime sun. In the evening it will ice up and potentially scratch if it moves around. On very windy days, the rear section of the cover would also lift so you'd have to keep an eye on it. Eventually it's just a hassle so I found a reasonably priced garage rental within walking distance. Regarding the OEM car cover source, I recommend Automotion they occasionally have 20% of sales promotions via email which make that that the cheapest place to get them if you get the timing right.

Originally Posted by Mike J
I have never used covers because of the chances of scratching the paint given how tight the cover is and if even if a little bit of sand gets in between - balancing that off with of course with the paint exposed scratching the paint with some mishap -- Can't win I guess.

For the guys who use the covers, do you limit this to a once a year winter off-the-road ritual, or use them all the time?

I guess you also pull the battery since, even leaving it on tender, there is no where for any possible gases to go?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 12-23-2015, 04:11 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Originally Posted by DiegoR
Hmm..yes & no. If you mean the drive block system. But speaking of it, recently I re-conected the terminal to start the car and the alarm was activated and I couldn't disable with my key (fresh battery and red led on) but luckily me I had the spare remote control in the ashtray for emergency and it did work. This was the first time my main fob key remote didn't disable the alarm after conecting the electrical system in the car after several times I have done this in the past...WEIRD.
Yup, I thought this was an issue. Just plug a trickle charger into the cigarette lighter and avoid this hassle.

Quick Reply: Looking for an OEM 993 TT Car Cover with bag