Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gt2 like Tribute project....... ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 09:26 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default gt2 like Tribute project....... ?

OK, I have looked at newer 997 Turbos and even made an offer on a new gen V viper that didnt come together but can not seem to stop the urge to get back into a unique 993. I do not want to spend the 125k needed to buy back into a stock 993TT and do NOT want a car I spend more time watching its value. (I missed that bus when I sold my RUF) That said, I like nothing stock so started considering a build of some sort. Have always loved the 993 gt2 style as my all time favorite car. I have started to consider going in that direction.

I found a car locally that is suppose to be clean and going to see it next week likely. It has been used the past 4 years as a track car and interior has been gutted for the most part but rest of the car is there. I am confident I could source the needed interior parts to make a suitible interior while not bringing the car back 100% stock inside. Rug, some RS door cards, few custome carbon fiber pieces, rest of the needed and other. NOT looking to add 10K oem porsche seats etc but again make the car legal for street with a unique but sparse like interior.

We haven't seen a build here in a bit.... and could be a neat project. Here is the car I am referring to. Engine stock (and would keep it that way for sometime) and the plumbing pretty much all there. Would need to adjust camber, right height, swap out the slicks, swap out wheels, few other things externally but the real work, time and $ would go into the bringing the inside back. Turn signals, lights all in tact but would need column and switches etc..

Anyone willing to put a high and low number on bringing (taking into account the level of build I am looking for which again does not inculde sourcing oem gt2 seats or anything of that level even close) a car like this back to street legal assuming NO major things have gone missing?

Thanks.... and TGIF

http://providence.craigslist.org/cto/5123537299.html
Old 07-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,368 Likes on 792 Posts

your link has disappeared.

Finding interior parts is pretty straightforward. Kinda depends how much the car is.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:07 PM
993 770
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gt2 like Tribute project....... ?

Steve- everything depends on the level of customization and quality. I have your old 996 sport seats if you want them and redid the entire interior if need any help estimating, or bouncing ideas around. Wishing you the best of luck and I hope you find the right car to have some fun with!

Quick Reply: gt2 like Tribute project....... ?