Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got to use my fire extinguisher...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 11:42 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Mike, that is quite a trip for you from the main land. I bet there are few here that will ever have the experience of driving their cars through an area as beautiful area as Cathedral Grove. I was last in that area in the 70's and the Airport was Michigan road rough back then. Outside of the car's shock and driver's teeth damage that sounds like it was a terrific event at a fabulous location.
Rick
Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Rick - Heard that the Cowichan track is supposed to be ready in Sep this year (but would assume maybe next Sep!). I'm already looking at ways to get on the ferry with my lowered car, I understand you can request the bottom level with the trucks that is easier to board.. (Mike I guess you didn't have any trouble getting on the ferry?).

Richard - I think you gain a few hp and lose some weight if you delete the hydraulics! I was running for a while with just the belt taken off (but all the plumbing intact so it would be easy to return to stock) but now the plumbing/reservoir has been removed - and an extra fuel pump in it's place!.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:32 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Basal Skull
I'm already looking at ways to get on the ferry with my lowered car, I understand you can request the bottom level with the trucks that is easier to board.. (Mike I guess you didn't have any trouble getting on the ferry?).
The damn ferry is always dicey - I did OK, Mark just acquired a 997.2 GT3 RS which did a scrape on the way out. My car is actually pretty high, RS+10 in the 19" rufs, but I had 18" on it for this event so a bit lower. I am pretty good at comparing heights of different 993's because of my lift - depending on the car, I will need to compensate from the standard lift pad to the jack points - some cars are so slammed we need to drive onto 3/4" plywood to use my lift.

I think the Ferry guys enjoy seeing these high end cars scrape their way out. I also have a FPB, that helps.

Cheers,

Mike
Old 08-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Got me few of these, one for each of my ‘fun’ cars and one to replace/add to the one in the kitchen. It’s also a weight loss maneuver, as you can see, I’ve lost 2.8kg (+6lbs!)...
they’re really compact so fits fine in a glove box.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Quick Reply: got to use my fire extinguisher...