Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware 911 Motorsport Wheels

Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Beware 911 Motorsport Wheels

First time in 20 plus years I had to have the credit card company issue a refund. That's pretty good odds based on how much I buy. Just a note to fellow Rennlisters to use caution when dealing with Patrick Knowles at 911 Motorsports Wheels. Purchased a full set of 997 turbo wheels and tires. Top price because the tires were great condition cups. Took a while to ship because "we did not like the condition of the tires" changed them. When they arrived the PS2 fronts were 8 years old with cracked sidewalls. The rears were half way through to making the wear bars disappear. Bunch of **** on the phone for almost a month and after I returned them on my nickel over a month and a half of more **** and still no refund. CC sorted it. Can't say he intentionally tried to defraud but he certainly does little to resolve his mistakes.

Rick
Old 07-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up Rick. Missed you at the track event last month! A Z06, 997 on slicks and I were going 9/10's and nearly lost it a few times from the red mist.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:45 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Acropora
Thanks for the heads up Rick. Missed you at the track event last month! A Z06, 997 on slicks and I were going 9/10's and nearly lost it a few times from the red mist.
Hey Brad having fun in the 993t or the gtr?
Old 07-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Acropora
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hah Ryo, the p-car. The gtr lasted 1.5 sessions before the trans overheated. Not nearly as scary to push as a rwd 993. Your Andial would have it for lunch
Old 07-18-2014, 11:19 PM
Essexmetal
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Brad, I did pop up there in the afternoon to see how everyone was doing. Too busy this year but a full season of track next rear. Thanks for supporting our event, were you able to get some time with Ross Bentley.
Ryojo, Just got back from a trip back home to Victoria. No chance to make it onto the mainland. Love to see the track in your videos in person. Your car is still running strong. Enjoy the season.
Rick
Old 07-19-2014, 03:39 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Rick you got to enjoy some of great weather we've been having then! I was in Victoria a few weeks before the good weather for a meeting. It's changed quite a bit. I have some connection with Victoria as well, was a boarder at St Mikes for high school and was a intern at the Jubilee/General. Car's running great, next track day in 3 weeks!
Old 12-28-2018, 08:50 PM
incorigeable
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I know this is resurrecting an old thread but....

I decided to buy some 18" Sport Classics on EBAY. Not usually impulsive but for some reason was that night. Of course, after I was committed I discovered this post and another similar review. I was heartbroken. From then on I assumed I was being taken. Lug bolts arrived with the tracking number I had to push to get. But no wheels. We texted back and forth and he explained wheels usually show later as the bolts are light enough to travel separately and faster. Still I assumed I was being taken. But I got a new tracking number and eventually the wheels showed. They are perfect. Lovely wheels and he even polished them up so they look nicer than expected. I would say the process was a little slow but everything turned out well.
Old 01-12-2019, 12:38 AM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rennlisters!

I'm glad I found this thread and I didn't get scammed by Patrick Knowles. I hoping by this post no one else gets scammed also. I purchased a set of Caynenne turbo wheels from him that he was never going to ship. I had to make a paypal dispute after 2 weeks. Thankfully, I got the money back today. After many promises of delivery he never had the intent to ship my wheels in anyway.
If you msg him on eBay, he will ask you to call him and he will send you an invoice for discounted price for the wheels. Also make all kinds of promises he cannot keep espcially the part about getting you newer tires. BEWARE DO NOT FALL IN THIS TRAP! He will never deliver. 2 weeks into transaction, I had to put in a dispute because he did not deliver, no tracking number what so ever. Day after day of calling him. Still no tracking.

His info is here:

Patrick Knowles
fuchzinc@yahoo.com

Ebay ID: my911motorwheels

STAY AWAY DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2019, 12:48 AM
onehot
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm also posting my text chain: Very unprofessional including racial slurs for customers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware 911 Motorsport Wheels