Sponsored by:

Values...and the problem that has arised

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:52 PM
TTKan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
^ Why would you still need an insurance policy on a car that was stolen and reimbursed by the insurer?
They declined to insure his replacement vehicle, perhaps because they perceived the risk as being too high.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 PM
tpd83911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of good info here. I have agreed-upon policy with Hagerty for 75K. TT is arena red with 25K miles in nearly perfect condition. I accepted some degree of "self-insurance" on difference b/w my value and market but had not thought about how large this may now be . ?? 100k for my car seems crazy to me.
I realized shorty after purchase about 3 years ago that it would be nearly impossible to replace my car for what I paid and now clearly impossible - they are scarce at any price. So I will look into bumping agreed value. I have always thought that if totaled I would take insured value and then buy back whatever was left remaining if it made sense i.e motor or even extensive repairs as the finished product would be worth a tremendous amount to me as a driver. Actually had friend that had a Z3 he loved and went through such a scenario. Hopefully will never face but that is nature of insurance.
Love the car and do not anticipate sale any time soon. I have been fortunate that after long search I have a 996 GT3 and started driving/DEs with this car. I can easily use the GT3 as daily driver and it is an incredible blast so the TT is going to only slowly accumulate miles. I probably need to instruct my daughters in how to liquidate at value in the event of untimely demise!!! Cheers to all.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:29 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I had to go outside and snap a few digital pictures of my 993TT for the Hagerty policy. Damn these cars look hot when photographed !! (even taken with a simple I phone). I'd post them but I am a technological moron and my wife is outta town (she's the tech person in our house)

Quick Reply: Values...and the problem that has arised