Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2 EVO Build Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Good god, I hope you got a good price for that initial admission - that sounds like a lot of $$$... I am sure the car goes like stink now, looks fantastic.

Did you notice what the cross-pipes did to the overall sound of the car? The stock car is essentially 2 3-cylinder engines, and its hard to get the sound really smooth when idling since there is no interaction from both sides. I know the x-section is to mix the sound from both sides. A fellow rennlister has a third party CAT that does that, and the sound is great, much nicer than stock. What does your car sound like at idle?

Oh, and on the shot of where the motor mount bracket attaches to the engine block, one of the nuts is not quite totally on the stud - its like they buried the stud too far into the block, or its too short. Was that deliberate?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 04-27-2013, 07:04 PM
utahrock
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Extremely cool and worth every penny! If I had time I'd do the same thing. Congratulations!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:10 PM
deuce1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike J
Good god, I hope you got a good price for that initial admission - that sounds like a lot of $$$... I am sure the car goes like stink now, looks fantastic.

Did you notice what the cross-pipes did to the overall sound of the car? The stock car is essentially 2 3-cylinder engines, and its hard to get the sound really smooth when idling since there is no interaction from both sides. I know the x-section is to mix the sound from both sides. A fellow rennlister has a third party CAT that does that, and the sound is great, much nicer than stock. What does your car sound like at idle?

Oh, and on the shot of where the motor mount bracket attaches to the engine block, one of the nuts is not quite totally on the stud - its like they buried the stud too far into the block, or its too short. Was that deliberate?

Cheers,

Mike
Hi Mike the stud in question is how I received the car, that is now fixed and no there wasn't a good price on initial admission that's for sure LOL

Regarding the x-pipe I think it sounds significantly better than the separate straight pipes, sounds warmer and has a better overall tone. Here is a sample of the sound albeit not the best recording, fast forward to the 1:40 min mark
Old 04-27-2013, 10:45 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by deuce1
So I drink and in massive quantities.... often
Welcome to the Silly Buggars' Wide Body Turbo Association. Mellor will be along momentarily to extend the official welcome and explain to you what the Association welcome pack includes; it's extensive. He'll obviously need your mailing address for shipment ... as well as for the member dues invoice. Hope there's still some $$$ left in the old family checkbook.

Enjoy the hell out of the car.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:59 AM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice build! Congrats on completing it.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Kein_Ersatz
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 171 Posts

Thanks for sharing the journey. With a white base car, lot's of liveries are possible. Chereau, STP/Exxon, Mobil 1, Yacco, Kollner, Notter. Get to know you local wrap shop, you could keep them busy for years changing with the season!
Old 04-28-2013, 01:03 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh sh#t! I forgot to call you about the manuals when I got back in town last week!
Car looks great!
Old 04-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 365 Posts

Awesome car. Keep me in mind if you want to sell in a few years. What are your plans for it?
Track? Occasional use? Daily driver?
Enjoy

Last edited by Turbodan; 04-29-2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 AM
GT9111
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive Porsche!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
DM993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Is is still 4WD?
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM
deuce1
Advanced

Thank you all for the kind words!

Originally Posted by bb993tt
Welcome to the Silly Buggars' Wide Body Turbo Association. Mellor will be along momentarily to extend the official welcome and explain to you what the Association welcome pack includes; it's extensive. He'll obviously need your mailing address for shipment ... as well as for the member dues invoice. Hope there's still some $$$ left in the old family checkbook.

Enjoy the hell out of the car.
Haha, thank you bb993ttm I'll keep my eyes out for the welcome pack :P

Originally Posted by cavlino
Very nice build! Congrats on completing it.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Kein_Ersatz
Thanks for sharing the journey. With a white base car, lot's of liveries are possible. Chereau, STP/Exxon, Mobil 1, Yacco, Kollner, Notter. Get to know you local wrap shop, you could keep them busy for years changing with the season!
Yeah, all my cars are white..... think I have a problem but they are definitely my favorite color and provide such a good base to mess around and customize with.

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
Oh sh#t! I forgot to call you about the manuals when I got back in town last week!
Car looks great!
No worries Scott, a friend of mine actually lent me a set to finish my final project

Originally Posted by Turbodan
Awesome car. Keep me in mind if you want to sell in a few years. What are your plans for it?
Track? Occasional use? Daily driver?
Enjoy
Thank you, haha yeah I think I am in this car for a long time now. Spent so much money and time I think my only choice is to enjoy it for as long as possible now! My plans for the car are to drive it occasionally through the canyons around Malibu on weekends and maybe a track day here or there.
Originally Posted by DM993tt
Is is still 4WD?
Yes it was converted to 2wd by the previous owner
Old 04-29-2013, 08:00 PM
deuce1
Advanced

Originally Posted by utahrock
Extremely cool and worth every penny! If I had time I'd do the same thing. Congratulations!
Thank you
Old 04-29-2013, 08:05 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice project, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

That is a lot of stuff done in a one year time frame, impressive results!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Love the dedication and attention to detail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT2 EVO Build Thread