Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum-62/)
-   -   Factory sunroof delete TT (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/737500-factory-sunroof-delete-tt.html)

JPP 01-24-2013 11:19 AM

Factory sunroof delete TT

Just wondering how many factory sunroof delete 993 TT's you guy's know of here in the U.S. I've seen a few in Europe but only one for sale here about two years ago ..
Any idea? TIA

chsu74 01-24-2013 12:24 PM

It is rare and I would love to do that to my car. Perk is you get a storage cubby to put your phone and wallet where the switch was..

JPP 01-24-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by chsu74 (Post 10168890)
It is rare and I would love to do that to my car. Perk is you get a storage cubby to put your phone and wallet where the switch was..

Thanks. What do you figure the impact on the value of the car is, positive or negative? I would think a smaller set of potential buyer's would see it as a positive which would narrow down the buyer pool .. then again the rarity of it might counter that entirely.

Turbodan 01-24-2013 12:52 PM

I think it would increase the value some, and probably sell faster since it is rare and desired by tall people and people who track their cars.
There are at least two cars in NA that have previously posted on here with sunroof delete.

ScottMellor 01-24-2013 12:55 PM

I think it would decrease the value for the general population. The subset of people who track in smaller.
I know back when I was tracking Frank I would have killed for an extra couple of inches for my helmet.

chsu74 01-24-2013 12:58 PM

The 993 sunroof does not offer tilt and will only open and close. Plus there is that felt design which is annoying. It is not that desirable to me to have the sunroof IMHO even with a black car.

I would chalk it up as another expensive maintenance item with these aging cars. When my sunroof goes haywire, it would be a decision to go delete instead of fixing it.. It is not a 356 where the sunroof option commands anther $10K in price.

cavlino 01-24-2013 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Turbodan (Post 10168983)
I think it would increase the value some, and probably sell faster since it is rare and desired by tall people and people who track their cars.
There are at least two cars in NA that have previously posted on here with sunroof delete.

Hmm, maybe you should do that mod to your car then ;)

993 770 01-24-2013 02:11 PM

Mine had factory sunroof delete... I never tracked it, and I loved it!

:crying::crying::crying:

JPP 01-24-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Turbodan (Post 10168983)

I would agree .. for someone who is looking for that specifically, it might be worth an extra bit of money. But I think Scott is right .. for the majority of typical 993TT buyer's that use their cars for pleasure/street driving, they'd want a sunroof.

Recently a guy sold a factory sunroof delete Speed Yellow '95 narrow body with an RS bodykit in the classifieds here with fairly high miles (70K) for what I thought was a premium at $41K and I suspect it was the factory sunroof delete that the buyer wanted and was willing to pay for. In all other aspects, it was a $30-35K car ...

TT Surgeon 01-24-2013 02:46 PM

Probably means zero to most buyers.

Knight 01-24-2013 04:19 PM

Personally I enjoy the sunroof even though I don't use it a whole lot, I def wouldn't pay extra for a car with a sunroof delete.

I believe Only1buck recently acquired a signal yellow 993TT w/sunroof delete. That car seem pretty loaded in a special color, now that I would pay extra for.

JPP 01-24-2013 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 10169552)

I believe Only1buck recently acquired a signal yellow 993TT w/sunroof delete. That car seem pretty loaded in a special color, now that I would pay extra for.

Oh .. right, I'd forgotten that I'd seen that thread recently .. so that's two I know of and they're both yellow.

PiB993 01-24-2013 04:29 PM

It's a positive imho for the people who buy these cars now. It's a sports car not a tanning machine or blow dryer. And mine doesn't not have a sun roof. I would pay a few grand extra for a car with a sunroof delete but certainly wouldn't modify my car to "delete" it. May sound ridiculous.

Only1Buck 01-24-2013 04:40 PM

I do have a 97 Signal Yellow Black interior sunroof delete. Original owner was Mike Valentine and it is my understanding that he orders his cars without a sunroof because he is tall (not sure on his height)...

There was also a sunroof delete 97 Arctic Silver with Boxster Red interior that sold last year through Canepa and previously sold through RPM.

I am aware of a Glacier white with Blue Interior that is in Colorado that is sunroof delete also plus the arctic silver one that sold through European Collectibles that was lost to fire as mentioned earlier in this thread... that makes 4 and there was also a Speed Yellow 97 in Ohio that I looked at about 3 years ago...but on that one I was unable to confirm that it was optioned from the factory that way so ... I know of 4 and 1 that has no sunroof the question being was it done afterwards...

Only1Buck 01-24-2013 04:41 PM

I prefer the no sunroof and no rear wiper from the very subjective perspective that I view it as cleaner design...