Sponsored by:

Everyone must watch this. Testament to air cooled capabilities

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by DM993tt
Ruf not well driven. Driver was gettnig it out of shape all over the place - looked like fun tho. Good to see it bein put to use and the color is killer.
I really have to disagree. Whoever was driving the RUF could flat out drive. He had that car at the limit of adhesion. Most people couldn't slide a 911 around a corner like that without spinning. The GTR driver most likely has traction control on and was really pushing it - driving over the curbs on the last lap - but he couldn't take the RUF who was getting the power down earlier. It was really fun to watch.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:23 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Metal Guru
I really have to disagree. Whoever was driving the RUF could flat out drive. He had that car at the limit of adhesion. Most people couldn't slide a 911 around a corner like that without spinning. The GTR driver most likely has traction control on and was really pushing it - driving over the curbs on the last lap - but he couldn't take the RUF who was getting the power down earlier. It was really fun to watch.
^
+1
Old 02-05-2013, 12:33 AM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Re: this Porsche vs. GTR debate...

Say these phrases out loud, and tell me which you're drawn to:

"I drive an old Porsche". "I drive a new Nissan".

Go for the one you think works for you best
I see where you're going with this, but for me I hate to admit driving a Porsche. I'd rather admit to driving a new Nissan.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uicnick
I see where you're going with this, but for me I hate to admit driving a Porsche. I'd rather admit to driving a new Nissan.
Then I have to ask why the hell do you have a 911 then? I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that would feel blessed every time they hear that distinctive click upon shutting the door that only an Air Cooled 911 like yours can provide.

For most of us owning these 993tt cars is absolutely a privilage that only a few thousand people around the world can do. We all know that they aren't the fastest nor are they the best handling etc etc etc. We don't own them for that(My gpd they are 16yrsold now). These cars represent the pinnacle of years of development that a passionate car company spent bringing to its loyal customers. 99% of us seem to get it...you apparently do not. I'm not saying you should be as passionate about Porsche as most of us are but common you flat out admit your hate to admit to driving one....geeesh.

If your heart isn't with owning your 911 or any Porsche for that matter put it up for sale and go drive the brand you do truly love.

Chad
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
uicnick
Rennlist Member

We're on the same page buddy, read carefully! I'm saying I don't like TELLING PEOPLE I drive a Porsche. I'm very into owning, driving and working on a 911. That's why I've only put 2,000 miles on my camaro since I bought my 911 and I have driven the 911 across multiple states, tail of the dragon, etc. Heck I even went to Germany just to visit the Mercedes and Porsche museum and i'm a PCA member for 3 years now since I bought the car. I see my original communication can be interpreted many ways, especially negatively. I should clarify, I feel very pretentious about owning the car unless i'm around car guys. I usually park the car away from view so people don't see me going to or from it, except to car shows. I don't like telling people I drive a Porsche unless they have some interest or knowledge of cars. I feel like people who don't get them or who aren't car people don't appreciate that and tend to be judgmental. At those times I would rather tell people I drove a Nissan if I owned a GTR.

Sorry I feel like a troll now so last post from me to not derail the topic.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

I live in a small town and get you, totally.

I can pull up the lights beside someone in 2013 Denali and if my tops down I get comments like wow a Porsche. Meanwhile he could of bought 2 of mine with what he spent on his...
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh ok. Well thank you for the clarification and now I fully understand what you meant.

Back on topic I also agree that the person drivig the RUF was doing quite well considering the lack of grip it was having...I mean what if we all found out he was doing that on radials, then we'd all be singing a different tune. I guess what I'm saying is its hard to harshly judge someone's track skills when we only know part of the equation.

Chad

Quick Reply: Everyone must watch this. Testament to air cooled capabilities