Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eBay 993 Turbo, does anyone have any info on the car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 01:38 PM
aprikh2
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay 993 Turbo, does anyone have any info on the car?

Hi Folks,

I have been lurking here for a while, but this is my first post. The 993 Turbo has always had a special place in my heart, and now that the finances started to line-up a tad, I figured I would start looking for a car. My plan was to get something in the 6-12 month timeframe; however, I saw an ad on eBay that looks mighty enticing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...79858a6a#v4-49

Does anyone have any info on this car? The CarFax indicates that there was an accident in 1999; however, there was no salvage title issued, so the damage must not have been extreme. The owner is also claiming that there was no frame damage. The price seems to be fair, especially for a desirable color combo and a low mileage vehicle.

I am thinking this might be worth a second look; certainly worth a discussion with the owner, and of course a PPI if things are starting to get serious.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Alex
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Could be a good car, get a solid ppi done.
Be aware that an accident on a carfax is like herpes or a tattoo, it's always there and makes resale later a bit more challenging. it's also a bargaining point for the very same reason.
A carfax pop means there was a police report and damage repaired, even if minor,
Old 09-12-2012, 02:15 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+1, what Chris said......If ppi checks out, might be a good car at a good price, but will be tough to sell in the future due to the accident.

If you are planning on keep this car a long time, you might not care, but if you switch your cars a lot or a looking at this car as an investment, I would look for a clean, accident free, car.

Quick Reply: eBay 993 Turbo, does anyone have any info on the car?