amazing car...RUF Turbo R

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 AM
993RUF
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ca993twin
"The aero mirrors on Kevin's car (KMY) and center exhaust on Steve's (ca993twin), Greg's (C2S), and Kevin's vehicles look tremendous."

Thanks. Greg's TurboR had a Ruf FACTORY CTR-2 center exhaust, and was the inspiration for mine. I believe that Greg's car was one of the very early Turbo R builds and fitting the CTR-2 exhaust was too complicated and expensive. His may be the only factory-installed center exhaust Turbo R in existence, but I believe the factory exhaust is off the car, and a simpler system is installed. Greg? Chime in and correct me.
Steve,
No correction needed, your correct on all accounts. I still have the original CTR-2 exhaust. I thought about putting it back on the car, but when I met with the original owner at my place he liked the sound as well and thought I should leave it as is. I'm told it's quite a bit lighter. Protomotive build the exhaust that currently is on the car now. I've read that the reason the third owner replaced the exhaust was that he didn't like the sound at 2k/3k RPM, a bit of a drone. I might someday put it back on to hear the difference. Maybe I should put the original back on and leave it on? Any thoughts are welcome.
Attached Images  
Old 07-28-2012, 08:54 PM
marin77
Racer

If I were in your shoes, I would put the original exhaust back in. So unique to have Ruf center exhaust on a Turbo R.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default shipping

Car ships Monday!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:51 AM
marin77
Racer

Congrats Mickfluff - what is estimated arrival day?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:07 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

Car ships Monday!
Congrats my friend, you are getting a great car that has been meticulously maintained. Try to get some sleep in the meantime

cheers
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default arrive est

estimated wed or thurs of this week... then off to my local shop next week... I have located a 993tt rear deck lid and being shipped, waiting on a RUF pedal kit I ordered.... also want to swap out the red seat belts, adding my black ruf wheels, etc and some other things....

Looking forward to it!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM
marin77
Racer

Enjoy Mick! I am sure it will be a blast to make the car exactly how you want it. Your white car with black wheels will look MEAN!! I hope you manage the wait time as all the mods are getting implemented ...

I just took a quick trip to my tech where the car is - bumpers and A-pillar kit have been fitted along with Techart fog light / air ducts. There still is some mechanical work to be wrapped up before I get the car back so I figured I'd take a sneak preview of the work. Iphone pic attached (sorry for low-quality).

Enjoy the car and hopefully we meet one of these days for a ride in CT / RI area.
Attached Images  
Old 07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
DALLWA
Racer

I'd buy the red seat belts off you for my car if your interested PM me. Congrats!

Originally Posted by mickfluff
estimated wed or thurs of this week... then off to my local shop next week... I have located a 993tt rear deck lid and being shipped, waiting on a RUF pedal kit I ordered.... also want to swap out the red seat belts, adding my black ruf wheels, etc and some other things....

Looking forward to it!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Marshy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marin77
Enjoy Mick! I am sure it will be a blast to make the car exactly how you want it. Your white car with black wheels will look MEAN!! I hope you manage the wait time as all the mods are getting implemented ...

I just took a quick trip to my tech where the car is - bumpers and A-pillar kit have been fitted along with Techart fog light / air ducts. There still is some mechanical work to be wrapped up before I get the car back so I figured I'd take a sneak preview of the work. Iphone pic attached (sorry for low-quality).

Enjoy the car and hopefully we meet one of these days for a ride in CT / RI area.
Marin - the car looks tremendous ! Love the new bumpers and the A pillar bits are a nice addition.

Geoff
Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Marshy
Racer

Originally Posted by mickfluff

Looking forward to it!!!
Mick - can't wait to see the black RUF rims on your white beast. It'll definitely stand out in the crowd.

Good call on swapping the red seat belts as well. I think it will fuse the look of the interior elements. Keep posting the pics !

Geoff
Old 07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Nice!

thanks

YOUR car looks great, congrats!!!

Originally Posted by marin77

Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default Its getting closer!!!!

I cant wait to see this car in person...

latest shots getting loaded up! Praying this transport driver is good...good rating etc and has a hard shell 3 car transport etc...
Attached Images    
Old 07-30-2012, 04:56 PM
marin77
Racer

Looks well protected!! Good luck with the wait!!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:57 PM
rednoble
Advanced

car looks great!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:12 PM
mickfluff
Drifting

Default thanks...

Thanks, better when your wing gets on it

Originally Posted by rednoble