Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum-62/)
-   -   Installed Fister Turbo mufflers today; incredible! (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/705514-installed-fister-turbo-mufflers-today-incredible.html)

DALLWA 07-07-2012 09:39 PM

Installed Fister Turbo mufflers today; incredible!

I installed Fister Turbo exhaust on my 993TT today. I also installed black wide oval tips from FDM.

This is my 4th 993, and have had a few Fister II, III (2), and Turbo (2). The first time you start the car to hear that rumbling growl, is a huge thrill.

These latest ones seem to have an extra kick to them, and a welcome one at that. I am posting a videos of before and after.
Not easy to tell since your sitting at idle in the garage. Best way to show is to mount a camera at the back of the car to catch that linear growl through the gears.

http://photobucket.com/Fister-Turbo

Lots of fun and thanks again Darin! BTW, I dig the FISTER brand stamp on the muffler.

Cheers,
Tony

Burkey 07-07-2012 10:09 PM

Put fister turbo mufflers on last year as well, the good news is they get better with age. :rockon: This year they definitely have a little more pop to them on deceleration. I have had a ton of compliments from guys at the track.

Burkey

Parnelli 07-07-2012 11:52 PM

;)I, too, put them on my TT last October. They sound incredible!

No HTwo O 07-08-2012 09:03 AM

FDM is one of the very best vendors to the Porsche community. Great stuff.

Knight 07-08-2012 04:06 PM

I put these mufflers on earlier this year with their polished wide oval tips (modify and shorten by FD) so they would sit slightly more flush, like how you seem on the NA cars.

Love the incredible sound and not too harsh, but when you hit the gas it's a whole other story.

Highly recommended.

badabing 07-09-2012 01:03 PM

You guys are really tempting me. I am torn between Fab bypasses or these.

Also, if I go Fister, does it matter that the mufflers I will send in may have oil in the packing?

How should I store the OEM mufflers on the car now (different set) so they don't rust out or whatever?

No HTwo O 07-09-2012 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by badabing (Post 9672045)

Also, if I go Fister, does it matter that the mufflers I will send in my have oil in the packing?

How should I store the OEM mufflers on the car now (different set) so they don't rust out or whatever?

I really like my FabSpeed bypass, especially now that they are ceramic powdercoated Black Velvet by FD Motorsports.

Knight 07-09-2012 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by badabing (Post 9672045)

Also, if I go Fister, does it matter that the mufflers I will send in my have oil in the packing?

I would contact Darin at FD to see if he can offer a core exchange, again depends on availability too.

96_993TT 07-09-2012 04:59 PM

Put them on my car as well. Totally transformed the sound of the car. Couldn't be happier!

Rick GT3 07-09-2012 10:51 PM

I also installed the Fister Turbo exhaust, but weeks later went to local muffler shop for a bypass.
I really like the engine sound with bypass.

No HTwo O 07-10-2012 10:31 AM

ByPass:

1) Sounds great
2) Less filling (weight):)
3) Better cooling- remove a heat source parked right by your turbos

Knight 07-10-2012 03:30 PM

Does the bypass create any interior drone type sound?

For me this was something I didn't want to deal with esp when cruising at normal rev ranges. I can say absolute no drone at all with the Fisters.

No HTwo O 07-10-2012 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Knight (Post 9675472)
Does the bypass create any interior drone type sound?

For me this was something I didn't want to deal with esp when cruising at normal rev ranges. I can say absolute no drone at all with the Fisters.

I'd say yes. But, my windows and sunroof are almost always open, so it's preety much a none issue for me.

Rick GT3 07-10-2012 05:18 PM

just enoy the engine music...

foxj0001 07-11-2012 06:23 PM

I just shipped mine off to Darin today. They will replace my muffler bypass pipes which sound great but are both a bit too loud, scaring the neighbors at 0530, and discouraging my Copilot from riding with me when the windows are down (is there any other way in the summer?), and frankly mono tonic wrt all baritone, little tenor, no alto and any soprano notes are far, far away.
So I a looking fwd to joining this particular sub-sub-club!
Jonathan