Sponsored by:

Heigo roll bar

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 01:57 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Heigo roll bar

Not mine but a good price for a very cool item. I have a similar one on my 930. The wait alone is about two months plus the price is a lot more. Very modular and easy to install. http://www.ebay.com/itm/160809032655...S:1123&vxp=mtr
Uses factory connection points and factory hardware. No additional hardware needed.
Just passing the info...
Old 09-06-2012, 06:19 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you know if they are ok for PCA?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:28 AM
jmayzurk
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately not legal for PCA club racing or most other organizations. This one is aluminum--although the Heigo bar is also available in steel--but neither version is suitable for racing. It's more appropriate for extra protection in a street car.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm thinking more and more I'm going to try to hunt down the steel version. I've put the DAS coupe rollbar in 3 times now...it really isn't awful, but I just feel that one of these times I'm going to slip and really screw up the interior, plus all the extra wear and tear taking interior panels on and off that were never meant to come off once they left the factory...

I can get by on the install with just tilting the 2 seats forward...but once I get the driver shell seat, I'll have to add removing that seat to the list of things to do for installation / removal.

The 911 is my only car, and I have to "de-track" it in between DEs for family use. I don't think the DAS was really meant for that frequency of in/out. Seems the Heigo, while not as strong as the DAS, would be fine for DEs. I'd probably hang onto the DAS in case I ever did some club racing.

Now, to find one...

Quick Reply: Heigo roll bar