Sponsored by:

Some 993 TT questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewlunka
Alan I feel your frustration. I have been looking since late August, spending 1-2 hours a day searching and reading everything I can find here on R-list. I have missed out on a few cars and had similar problems with sellers. Many cars at this age have missing records, I think the best thing you can do if you find a car you like is get a very thorough inspection. As far as what to look for depends on how nit picky you want to get, but I try and stick to the big things. Ask about oil consumption (indication of valve guide problems), clicking in transmission (1st or 2nd gear problems), oil leaks, and master cylinder leaking in trunk. Also get a porsche dealer to hook it up to see if there is any error codes coming up.
Thanks for the info. The other issue is finding cars clear across country, where the owners want a deposit immidietely, and Im not wiring cash to someone I dont know, on a car Ive never seen.

Thankfully as I search I have other cars to play with.. I love my 997TT!
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 AM
andrewlunka
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suddenly don't feel so bad for you, lol. Lots of toys to play with indeed. I'm sure the Diablo is a handful, especially if it's a SV.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by andrewlunka
I suddenly don't feel so bad for you, lol. Lots of toys to play with indeed. I'm sure the Diablo is a handful, especially if it's a SV.
Yes, the Diablo is an SV. Its actually a Monterey Sv, which was a special edition they made 20 of. Im a huge Lambo fan.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allan,

Looks like this one is just going up. Not your favortie color combo but could be a good one.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...996-turbo.html

Also I noticed you are part-time in Calabasas. I'm right down the 101 from you and have a REALLY good mechanic that knows these cars inside and out. He is the wrench on a few of the 993tt's on this forum. PM me and I'll send you his info.

Best of luck and let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Chad
Old 02-28-2012, 01:20 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
Yes, the Diablo is an SV. Its actually a Monterey Sv, which was a special edition they made 20 of. Im a huge Lambo fan.
Umm...why isn't it white?

Old 02-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IamSMC
Umm...why isn't it white?

It is.. Its Pearl White.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:23 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Allan, don't get discouraged and frustrated. You are doing everything the right way. Asking questions and researching. Good for you. Remember, you are buying the seller too, not just the Turbo. It took me 21 months to find mine.

You need a paradigm shift. Stay positive. You’re in the fortunate position to be adding a 993 Turbo to your garage. Not too many people can do that. Party on.

Quick Reply: Some 993 TT questions...