Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-Purchase Checklist for 993TT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM
ketel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-Purchase Checklist for 993TT?

Gang,

I'm a long-time Rennlister and recently sold my beloved 964 C4 after 16 terrific years. It was time. Long story.

Anyhow, I've spent many months narrowing down the list of my next-P-car and decided that a 993TT is the one. (I never really doubted it, but wanted to give other models a deep look before I committed. After all, I owned my last Porsche for 16 glorious years.)

Before taking the plunge, I need to get up the learning curve on this model. First off, can anyone send me a detailed list of questions to ask/checklist for those looking to buy a 993TT? I'm calling on a few vehicles today and want to make sure I ask the right questions.

Also, if there are any other good resources for me to bone up on the 993TT (what to look for, avoid, pitfalls, common flaws/faults, etc) that would be terrific.

Thanks all. Sorry if this is a common/tiresome request but I could not find much using the Search function under this topic for the 993TT's.

One final thing: If anyone knows of any clean, well-sorted TTs needing a new (California) home that are reasonably priced, please send along. I'm flexible on colors but have a preference for the metallics.

Looking forward to re-joining the world of P-car ownership. These few months without one has been excruciating.

ketel
Old 01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try this to start - http://www.993tt.com/BuyingaTwinTurb...8/Default.aspx

you must have a good wrench if you owned one for so long. I suggest speaking with them as well

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Search "Ultimate PPI" in this forum.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
ketel
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WHB Porsche
Search "Ultimate PPI" in this forum.
Will do. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ketel, be patient. Read all you can here on the 993 Turbo forum. Ask lots of questions. We are here for ya.

Quick Reply: Pre-Purchase Checklist for 993TT?