Sponsored by:

Recommended shop in Atlanta?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
ploglet
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Recommended shop in Atlanta?

I am looking at a black/tan TT right now that is located in Atlanta. Do you guys have any recommendations on shops to take the car to for a PPI? Anyone in Atlanta maybe willing to even stop by and check the vehicle out? The initial findings on the car sound very promising and hope to try and schedule a PPI for this week.
Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:34 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Goldcrest or Franz Blam.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:41 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hey hey, long time no see!!! Still got the s4 avant?
Old 11-07-2011, 07:53 PM
FranzBlamRacing
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We'd be happy to take a look at it for you, ploglet. Please let us know how we can help.

Thanks,

FBR
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
ploglet
Pro

Originally Posted by wagongotya
Hey hey, long time no see!!! Still got the s4 avant?
Of course! Avant is now up to 182k and running strong. I plan to keep it until she implodes, or my son gets ahold of it. Autosport Werks is a life saver with the S4, and wont ever let it die.

Pic of it on it's last trip over Cottonwood Pass on the way back from Crested Butte.
One dirty S4 Avant
Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
ploglet
Pro

Originally Posted by FranzBlamRacing
We'd be happy to take a look at it for you, ploglet. Please let us know how we can help.

Thanks,

FBR
Thanks. I will be in touch.
Old 11-07-2011, 10:46 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ploglet
Of course! Avant is now up to 182k and running strong. I plan to keep it until she implodes, or my son gets ahold of it. Autosport Werks is a life saver with the S4, and wont ever let it die.

Pic of it on it's last trip over Cottonwood Pass on the way back from Crested Butte.
One dirty S4 Avant
Hahahahahaha great picture, using it like it was meant to be nice work sir! Now lets see some pics of that 993!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 12:09 AM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I am looking at a black/tan TT right now that is located in Atlanta. Do you guys have any recommendations on shops to take the car to for a PPI? Anyone in Atlanta maybe willing to even stop by and check the vehicle out? The initial findings on the car sound very promising and hope to try and schedule a PPI for this week.
Thanks in advance.
I am new to the area but have used Matthew at Motorwerks up in Cumming....north of the city. Was very please with their work also.

Open to taking a look at the car if you still need someone to check it out. I'm not a mechanic but I'm very picky and would be glad to give you my view. Dealer or Private party?
Old 11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
ploglet
Pro

Originally Posted by 96PorscheTwinTurbo
I am new to the area but have used Matthew at Motorwerks up in Cumming....north of the city. Was very please with their work also.

Open to taking a look at the car if you still need someone to check it out. I'm not a mechanic but I'm very picky and would be glad to give you my view. Dealer or Private party?
Thanks Steve. I have the OK from the private owner to have someone to come look at the car. I will send you a PM to see if you would have any time in the near future to look at the car.
I have a handful of places recommended by the owner and am going to call a few of them today. They are:
Auto Europe
Buckhead Imports
Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 PM
ploglet
Pro

Originally Posted by wagongotya
Hahahahahaha great picture, using it like it was meant to be nice work sir! Now lets see some pics of that 993!!!
Sold the 993 4S to my father as he has always wanted one, so I am now looking at going back to the TT. Have been seriously considering the 996TT (I know, I know) but I just cant get past the look. I always remember how every time I parked the 993 I would turn around and look back at it. Not sure that would happen with the 996. I seem to have the issue of 'buy the newest you can afford' and the 'purchase what you really want' syndrom. Hence the 993 is back.

I will likely only drive it in the summer as I will keep the S4 Avant for the bad weather, but I am not going to say I will never drive the 993 in the winter. I might just have to buy the winter wheels/tires back from my father to do so.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:01 PM
96PorscheTwinTurbo
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Steve. I have the OK from the private owner to have someone to come look at the car. I will send you a PM to see if you would have any time in the near future to look at the car.
I have a handful of places recommended by the owner and am going to call a few of them today. They are:
Auto Europe
Buckhead Imports
Sounds good. What area of ATL is the car in? I'm in Buckhead but work in Alpharetta. Happy to go take a look.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 AM
ploglet
Pro

I believe the owner is up towards Marietta. I am reading up on a few of the modifications on the car. Sounds like a very nice car but has a handful of serious modifications done to the engine.

Quick Reply: Recommended shop in Atlanta?