Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling my Andial 3.8 - Thoughts on Value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:21 PM
shawsan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was looking for an arena red 993TT Andial 3.8 but must admit this silver example is compelling. In additiion to the engine modifications, were any changes made to the car to handle the jump in HP/TQ, for example upgraded brakes and/or suspension. And what size tires are on the rear with all that additional power?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 PM
scudnik
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

raclaims: I'd rather not share the name of the shop on the forum that did the PPI. There are a couple of non-original fasteners on the passenger front fender and also some overspray on the inside hood seal in the same area.

shawsan: I remember seeing some postings that you were looking for a AR Andial. Andial had optional Brembo and Bilstein packages, but this car did not have them. However, the previous owner installed PSS9's. The car has stock size tires. It doesn't have an issue with rear tire grip, the issue keep the car from going sideways when really getting on it!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:45 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Even with 335s on the back of The Guap I get a teeny sway to the right under full bore accelleration first gear.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

gosh, some nice cars recently (possibly) coming to market...
Old 10-31-2011, 10:38 PM
scudnik
Racer

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it's helped with determining market value...

I have decided that I will sell it and currently considering a couple of scenarios. I've decided to go back to a 964 Turbo, so would consider the right 3.3 or 3.6 964T + cash for my car.

If anyone is interested in making an offer or have a 964T to trade, feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:57 PM
scudnik
Racer

Happy New Year everyone!

It's been a while but wanted to give an update.

I sold the Andial, actually traded it (plus cash) for my old 964 Turbo!

As special as the Andial is, I just prefer the 964 Turbo.... Having owned four generations of Turbos (started with an 89 and recently added a 996 TT to the garage), the 964 Turbo strikes the perfect balance for a weekend car. It's still slightly raw, but has some modern touches such as ABS, airbags, PS, etc. Also as gorgeous as 993TT's are, I think I prefer the looks of the 964T (especially with the RH 3.6 wheels I just put on!).

Anyway, thanks for the comments!

The new owner lives in Westchester, so if anyone in the area sees a Polar Silver 993TT that looks like a Turbo S (minus the rear fenders), it's probably the Andial...

PS - If anyone is interested in a very clean 996 Coupe, I'm selling my 99 (57k miles, Guards red/black) feel free to PM me.

Shawn
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 PM
scudnik
Racer

Hello everyone:

I'm resurrecting the thread to let you know that this car is now back on the market. The current owner (whom I traded it to for my old 91 Turbo) has decided to sell it and is consigning it with me (at Powertech Select Motorcars in NJ). I don't usually list our cars here, but know you all appreciate what it is...

Here are the details:

1996 Porsche 993TT Andial 3.8L conversion – 1 of 19 Andial 3.8 conversions completed. For those that know these cars, you know just how special they are. It drives as docile as a stock 993TT, yet will keep up with today’s supercars once you get on full boost.

I previously owned this car at 30k miles from May 2009 through December 2011 and now selling on behalf of the current owner.

Polar Silver on Black leather

VIN:WP0AC2999TS375676

Currently has 40.3k miles on it.

Andial conversion done in 1999 with 6989 miles on it. We have all records of conversion ($51k+ in cost). This car came with the dual program ECU option.

Certificate of Authenticity (CoA) from Porsche
Receipts from last three owners in addition to the original Andial records.

Factory Options:
• Supple Leather
• 12 way driver power seat, 8 way passenger power seat
• Heated Seats (Left and Right)
• CD Player

Cosmetic modifications:
• Carbon fiber/aluminum shift **** and emergency brake
• Turbo S rear wing and front bumper (the front may have been part of Andial package, as all of them I have seen have had this)
• Aluminum pedals and dead pedal
• Stainless "Turbo" door sills

This car (like all Andials) runs INCREDIBLY strong. The car is in excellent mechanical and very good cosmetic condition. The exterior does have some rock chips but nothing out of the ordinary for a 40k mile Porsche. The interior is in excellent shape and the driver’s seat bolster has less wear than you would expect.

The car has a clean Carfax, however a detailed inspection of the car indicated it had been in a front end collision. It happened sometime prior to the past three owners. Multiple panels have been painted, but overall paint is very good. It looks and drives as it should. We have priced it to reflect that it has been in an accident previously.

Recent notable maintenance includes:
- ECU replaced in 2012 by Andial (cost of $6106)
- 4 tires installed (June 2011 – Approx 34k miles)
- Electronic Boost Controller installed (Aug 2011)
- Clearbra installed (June 2011)
- Windshield replaced and rust where passenger side A-pillar and cowl meet repaired and sprayed. Front lower bumper re-sprayed (Dec 2010)
- Bilstein PSS9 suspension installed - 1/09
- Turbo's rebuilt by Protomotive w/ hybrid modification and check valves - 1/09
- Forge diverter valves installed - 1/09
- Intercooler hoses replaced (OEM) - 1/09
- Rear wiper delete - 6/08
- New a/c compressor and system recharge - 3/08
- Fuel and air filter replaced - 1/08
- Front and rear rotors and pads replaced - 1/08
- New spark plugs (12 since it's twin plugged), ignition wires, distributor caps and rotors - 1/08
- Replaced 3rd and 4th gear synchro ring - 1/07

Powertech in Rockaway, NJ has done a full inspection and has found that it is in excellent working order, it needs nothing after a couple of minor things (power seat switch, etc.) have been addressed.

PPI’s welcome.

Here is your opportunity to own a one of the very rare 993 3.8 B-Turbo Andial cars.

Offered at $85k

Feel free to PM me or send me an email at sales@pwr-tech.com. I do not have it listed on our site yet, but will within the next couple of days.

Thanks,
Shawn

Last edited by scudnik; 03-19-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Deleted incorrect wording
Old 03-20-2013, 01:07 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by scudnik
- Electronic Boost Controller installed (Aug 2011)
Sounds like a great car.
Didn't think Andial had electronic boost controllers? Did they replace the dual ecu with the fvd one? why would it need an electronic boost controller?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:18 AM
scudnik
Racer

It is....

I had a boost controller installed prior to the ECU being replaced. This was done by Powertech, not Andial. I installed it as the boost was not consistent with the old ECU.

The ECU was replaced by Andial last year by the current owner. The invoice from Andial does not list a part number, however it stated that it has "Andial programming" and also has the bi-turbo signal splitter (at an extra cost) which I assume allows for dual mapping of the new ECU like the old one had.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 AM
scudnik
Racer

By the way, the car is now listed with pictures on Powertech's pre-owned page.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Scudnik, GLWS.

On the surface, the price seems super fair. A similiar mileage stock Turbo would be mid $60's. So, someone will be getting the Andial goodies for about 50 cents on the dollar. That's very-very fair.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

TOO CHEAP!!!!!!!!
But then I would say that wouldn't I?

Ex Rohr GT2 tribute just on Ebay asking $195
Single Plug Andial 3.8 low miles at Canepa asking $155

I think you are $25k low.

Last edited by ScottMellor; 03-20-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:14 PM
scudnik
Racer

Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll happily take more!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 PM
marin77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on LexVan comment's ... good luck with the sale ... very nice and rare!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
TOO CHEAP!!!!!!!!

Ex Rohr GT2 tribute just on Ebay asking $195
The ex rohr one is pretty special...
If I recall correctly from a previous thread and comment from Mr Rohr, its motor is 'special' Andial motor build too with different (? twin) injector and fuel pump which I understand not all the builds had.
(I don't want to start rumors but would think it would also have head sealing too).

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling my Andial 3.8 - Thoughts on Value?