Sponsored by:

Turbokraft oil lines

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TTKan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbokraft oil lines

Does anyone have any experience with turbokraft oil lines? I am thinking of changing out the OEM lines for the Turbokraft product. My mechanic talked to the owner of the firm and seemed impressed with the design and performance.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

Is your car leaking oil or smoking? How is your engine oil filter?

I sell a line kit.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:17 PM
TTKan
Pro

Originally Posted by Kevin
Is your car leaking oil or smoking? How is your engine oil filter?

I sell a line kit.

Familiar story. The oil was changed using Porsche filters. The car smoked on start-up, which it never did before, at first excessively so. The dipstick showed at the 3/4 mark, but the guage was pinned to the top. I noticed oil pooling on the ground directly below the left side turbo - a non-trivial amount. My mechanic thinks this is a problem with the oil lines, but I wonder if it was overfilled and or a filter issue. It still smokes a small amount on start-up, but no more oil leaks. There is still a drop or two of oil on the left turbo oil line. What is the consensus view? Many thanks!

Dennis
Old 10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

This is the classic story!

You guys are going to have to take better control with your oil changes. Pull your plastic inlet pipes to the turbochargers and see if you have oil in them. The over fill KILLED your engine mounted oil filter. Replace that ASAP. Drop the oil down to 1/4 above the first hash mark.

These overfill situations ARE very hard on your turbochargers. I highly doubt that the factory oil inlet lines are leaking like you have mentioned. What is leaking is your turbochargers or valve cover gaskets. Gaskets leaks will smoke and burn off on the heat exchanger, Oil drips will be from the large amounts of oil in the compressor housings, plastic inlet pipes, intercooler, bypass valves and basically all the inlet ducting.

To recap:

1) Lower the oil level

2) Replace the engine oil filter

3) Remove the IC and plastic inlet ducts and clean with brake wash

4) Rebuild turbochargers if smoking continues.

5) Add new sump tank line kit and check valve line kit.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM
TTKan
Pro

You guys are going to have to take better control with your oil changes. Pull your plastic inlet pipes to the turbochargers and see if you have oil in them. The over fill KILLED your engine mounted oil filter. Replace that ASAP. Drop the oil down to 1/4 above the first hash mark.

These overfill situations ARE very hard on your turbochargers. I highly doubt that the factory oil inlet lines are leaking like you have mentioned. What is leaking is your turbochargers or valve cover gaskets. Gaskets leaks will smoke and burn off on the heat exchanger, Oil drips will be from the large amounts of oil in the compressor housings, plastic inlet pipes, intercooler, bypass valves and basically all the inlet ducting.

To recap:

1) Lower the oil level

Thank Kevin - I am going to pass this on to my mechanic.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
ronnie993tt
Race Car

Received 234 Likes on 157 Posts

To recap:

1) Lower the oil level

I find the dash gauge useless unless the oil temp gauge is at 9 o'clock, which it almost never gets to here in the great white north. I mostly resolved the problem by measuring using the dipstick and keeping it under 1/2. I still get a little oil in the intake system when doing a lot of high boost sprints though I assume it is minimal since I've had no oil consumption over 2,000 miles......

Ronnie
Old 10-13-2010, 10:49 AM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought the TurboKraft lines/checkvalves about 4 years ago.
Easy to install and they work great.
100% satisfaction.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM
I bought the TurboKraft lines/checkvalves about 4 years ago.
Easy to install and they work great.
100% satisfaction.
2nd I have these as well. Work great and were cheaper than all of the other alternatives at the time

Quick Reply: Turbokraft oil lines