Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeding clutch slave and accumulator sequence?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 11:12 PM
DougM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bleeding clutch slave and accumulator sequence?

Just took delivery of my '96 yesterday. After starting it to back off the ramp, the driver noticed some fluid. Looked underneath and it was leaking badly so I shut it off. Realized it was Pentosin. Looked at the reservoirs and decided to drive the 1/4 mile to my home and get it on the lift(delivery was in my neighborhood). Pulled the belly pan today and took a look. The accumulator had unscrewed itself and was resting on the suspension???? Had to be complete coincidence that it happened during delivery.

I looked through the archives and could not find the actual steps for refill. I filled the engine reservoir and the front reservoir. I pulled air/fluid through the slave with vaccum and continued to fill the front reservoir after every few ounces. I never was able to get a steady flow of liquid like you do when bleeding brakes or a NA 993 slave. Am I missing a step or doing something wrong.

Is there a full procedure to fully bleed the system?

Took the car for a short drive and the clutch worked but felt odd. Maybe it's because it is so different than the NA 993 clutch feel that I just sold.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "pressure reservoir has to be emptied"

Read Page 104 of the Owner's Manual first

And have a read here too:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...nt-points.html

Last edited by IamSMC; 09-15-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:26 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

while in ther i would replace the accumulator all together not the most expensive part in the world and tends to go every few years or so. i ve been through two in my almost 5 years of ownership

Quick Reply: Bleeding clutch slave and accumulator sequence?