Introducing "The Black Pearl"... - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Introducing "The Black Pearl"...

Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 PM
V
Addict
Rennlist Member

ROK - Thanks for your comments. I agree, really love the options list on my car. I have thought about painting the seat backs but I figured going from dark gray to black would be that noticeable?

ELPORSCHA - You can certainly express your opinion. No worries mate! Wheels are very much a matter of taste. I've always been a sucker for the speedline type wheels. I also believe the 3.6 speedlines to be somewhat period correct and I really think they work well on a 993 (hell, on any 964 or 993), especially on the darker colored cars. I've always thought the mesh style wheels (cargraphic, BBS etc.) look a little bit busy. Again, just a matter of taste.

Derek - RUF wheels why not? . PM sent.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:33 AM
ROK
Banned

Originally Posted by vhanzon View Post
ROK - Thanks for your comments. I agree, really love the options list on my car. I have thought about painting the seat backs but I figured going from dark gray to black would be that noticeable?
I think it'll make the seats pop more visually from the back. I'd just make sure to match the exterior color to the interior. It'll look amazing especially because the 993 hard backs are much more contoured/aggressive than the nice 996 back. I fell in love with sports seats after seeing colored backs on my cousin's 993 C4S.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:25 AM
V
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ROK View Post
I think it'll make the seats pop more visually from the back. I'd just make sure to match the exterior color to the interior. It'll look amazing especially because the 993 hard backs are much more contoured/aggressive than the nice 996 back. I fell in love with sports seats after seeing colored backs on my cousin's 993 C4S.
I know, the black would set off the contours for sure.

I've also thought about making the car a little bit more track oriented. That would mean swappning the hardback sport seats for 993RS racing shells, which could also be painted black (the back of the seats). I would do them in black leather with silver stitching (just like the rest of the car) and then take out the back seats/parcel shelf and put RS carpets and a Heigo rollbar back there. That would also make it possible to setup a 5.pt harness, which would be ideal for track days. I've heard that the pole positions and the RS seats are actually quite comfortable, even though they are pure racing seats.

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing "The Black Pearl"...

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: