Sponsored by:

4wd Delete

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:42 PM
jim993tt
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd Delete

Can anyone pls direct me to previous post(s) dealing with the pros and cons of deleting/removing the front wheel drive on a 993tt. Many thanx...
Old 04-16-2009, 12:36 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

ALot of the old timer will tell you" USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!" as a matter of fact one
of the wonderful personalities we had here a one highly respected Ray Calvo would just say
"read the Fu@king manual" using the little smilie faces. Rest his soul we lost him last year.
But I find the search function archaic. If you use the search feature and dont word the Key Word right
you can search for hours and not hit close to what your looking for. Its tricky and sometimes if the item is
a complicated search then you may never get close. Having said that
this topic has been talked about in length. Overall unless your going to track alot I dont think the conversion is worth it. If you are going about to make your car into a GT2 then yea it might be worth it.
But really there are GT3s and GT2s available so why not just buy one of those? 996 GT3s are in the 70K and less range and nice examples of 996 GT2s are in the 100k and less range.
So you have to ask yourself Do you NEED a GT2? Do you WANT a GT2? And what is your purpose with your 2WD conversion?
Look for posts by Viper Bob and his conversion. He is DA Man when it comes to any kind of 993 TT hop up or conversions. Its not just a matter of taking out the shafts but you have to do some metal work around the transmission tunnels.

Quick Reply: 4wd Delete