Sponsored by:

Oh Spartan

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 07:30 PM
lruss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Spartan

J, just want to say many thanks publicly , thanks to you im now off the lift and in the driveway, been for 2 drives already first one was great. Fired up the engine (got it on video), thought them Fabspeed bypasses are loud, took it for a little drive and realised i was only firing on 5 (last time i install an orange ended IC hose the easy way by removing the plug wire, they are btards to get in). The second drive was amazing, the Profec is down at 0, big thanks to Todd at Protomotive for the DME re program and his warning of 400 miles at an easy pace - looking foward to cranking it up. The 5barFPR, the new 710 div valves, the new lower v gaskets, the MAF rewire, and them beasty 16/16G's all took a day to install and my hands show it. Off for its overdue smog'n in the morning. A couple of photos and if your interested in the video sound file of muffler bypasses on 5 cylinders let me know

Last edited by lruss; 09-09-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great news Laurie!!!! Give me a ring I want to hear all about it
Old 04-13-2009, 02:11 PM
lruss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smogged, that was easy - Smog ref "Thats a pretty car but very loud" ,Me "All i know is its all wheel drive so please keep it off them rolling things on your floor", Smog ref " Smells odd", Me (knowing the mufflers dont exist and cat smells good) " I used some cleaner just before i came down to get rid of some road tar on them exhaust tips ", Smog ref " Ok - lets test" - 15 minutes of chit chat and then dial tone out to DMV with a pass.
362 miles before WOT or maybe not.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol nice work Laurie! I bet you'll be going WOT sooner than you think

Looking forward to the day I get my letter to smog, the inspector is going to have a heart attack

Quick Reply: Oh Spartan