Notices
993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before vs after Aero mods + pics + VIDEOS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

There are still many questions and data to be looked at from these great runs certainly!

TB I just wanted to highlight that the average lateral Gs from 240kph until 300kph (no gear shifts) was 2-3 times higher in the new run from Jussi vs his last run. Your Vmax run (the one that I have) shows also much less average lateral Gs vs Jussi's. It is my opinion that wind direction, tire pressure, alignment settings(camber and toe) and rake are a very significant factor in the high speed stability besides obviously the bodywork.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Jussi
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More videos
This acceleration test failed because of strange reason - you'll see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQGWecP4CRY
Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hehe...I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple of times, but it was the boost gauge once and the datalogger the other
Old 01-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Jussi
Pro

This is a bit better. Speedo almost stays there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFuQ8UNEABI
I have also another view angle video from this same acceleration. I don't know how to combine them to same video file as side by side you know. If somebody knows a good freeware program for that, please tell.
Otherwise I just put it afterwards separately.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Stummel
Pro

Jussi, what is your distance for 100-200kph?

9ff GTurbo: 4.59s run with distance of 199,27m.
(GT3 bodied)
Old 01-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by Stummel

(GT3 bodied)
198.48 m (168.11+30.37) with 4th gear no gearchange - so that is the best possible value from my car.
for example best 100-200 with 2 gear changes was 5.15s / 217m and second best was 5.4s.

Last edited by Jussi; 01-03-2009 at 04:09 PM. Reason: more data
Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow, Jussi, wow!

Forgive me if I missed it from your previous build threads, but what brake upgrade, if any, did you do?

Protosport, the tuner I am using, based in New Jersey here in the States, just picked up my car today for "stage 2" work this winter to get me into the 700+ HP range. They use Protomotive tuning and will install GT3076R (up from 2871R) turbo's (Todd Knighton and John Gulino think for my OBDII setup that these work better for my power goals).

However, I am not doing any external aero work or interior stripping (I still have all that factory leather and power seats-and the passenger seat-still in place), so my car will still be slower than yours-but probably ALL 933TT's are slower than yours.

Al
Old 01-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by Al Pettee
Wow, Jussi, wow!

Forgive me if I missed it from your previous build threads, but what brake upgrade, if any, did you do?

Protosport, the tuner I am using, based in New Jersey here in the States, just picked up my car today for "stage 2" work this winter to get me into the 700+ HP range. They use Protomotive tuning and will install GT3076R (up from 2871R) turbo's (Todd Knighton and John Gulino think for my OBDII setup that these work better for my power goals).

However, I am not doing any external aero work or interior stripping (I still have all that factory leather and power seats-and the passenger seat-still in place), so my car will still be slower than yours-but probably ALL 933TT's are slower than yours.

Al
Congratulations from your choice. Those GT3076Rs with smaller 0.64AR housing are very very efficient ones! They are "better" turbos than mine and you will get more hp with less boost/flow because of better flow capacity compared GT2871s.
They are now the choice of professional tuner as I know..
They would be also my favourites if I ever wanted more power but I don't know if I want
But when you car gets also other parts to support those turbos, like cams, twinsparks?, bigger intakes and exhaust systems and enough fuel=more fuel pumps and bigger injectors you will get that +700 easily and you can have even 800 if you want but your engine must have better internals like, carrillos(or else), ARPs, flame rings, welded heads etc and the most important your ECU tuner must be professional to get all works safely and hope he will use Motronic?
Good luck and return back with your results then

I have Movit's big ceramic front brakes, rear brakes are stock ones but better brakes pads..

I'll also install seats back and do interior back during this winter, so the car will be normal driven family car
Old 01-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jussi
Congratulations from your choice. Those GT3076Rs with smaller 0.64AR housing are very very efficient ones! They are "better" turbos than mine and you will get more hp with less boost/flow because of better flow capacity compared GT2871s.
They would be also my favourites if I ever wanted more power but I don't know if I want
But when you car gets also other parts to support those turbos, like cams, twinsparks?, bigger intakes and exhaust systems and enough fuel=more fuel pumps and bigger injectors you will get that +700 easily and you can have even 800 if you want but your engine must have better internals like, carrillos(or else), ARPs, flame rings, welded heads etc and the most important your ECU tuner must be professional to get all works safely and hope he will use Motronic?

I have Movit's big ceramic front brakes, rear brakes are stock ones but better brakes pads..

I'll also install seats back and do interior back during this winter, so the car will be normal driven family car
But a 700+HP "normal driven family car."

This winter, in addition to the turbo upgrade, Protosport will do additional work as follows:
1. Tial Sport 44mm wastegate valves
2. Larger K&N air cleaners
3. Porsche 993 Motorsport solid motor mounts
4. Brake upgrade from 993TT stock (? Brembo)

And here is what Protosport did for my engine build last winter:
Attached Images    
Old 01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Jussi
Pro

Wow! what a list!
Why do you even upgrade?
What kind of powerlevel and accelerations times you have had?
Can you share any AX run data with me, if you have? I can share mine as exchange..

you will have a truly monster after upgrades - believe me!
Old 01-03-2009, 05:52 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jussi - this is very, very impressive! The bodywork looks great.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Al Pettee
Rennlist Member

Wow! what a list!
Why do you even upgrade?
What kind of powerlevel and accelerations times you have had?
Can you share any AX run data with me, if you have? I can share mine as exchange..

you will have a truly monster after upgrades - believe me!
No data yet (on "stage 1"). But I promise times, pics and perhaps vid this summer after "stage 2" complete.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Stummel

(GT3 bodied)
Stummel,

There are quite a few fast cars out there like this 9FF, it all depends at what boost levels they are running them and how gutted they are. It definitely is mind boggling acceleration though!

I have the following data run from a 996TT, car weight around 3300lbs:
100-200kph: 4seconds flat, distance 170meters with 2 shifts

For perspective my best was
100-200kph: 5.29 seconds and 230 meters with 1 shift and 220lbs on board.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:21 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The coast down test would tell more but I don't have any from there Have to do one later..
Jussi, in your video at the end of the run you seem to be coasting without braking for a few seconds, you could extrapolate drag coefficient from that maybe, it only takes a few meters while coasting? This data is very valuable.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Edit: This is the internet and it is quite easy to doctor up graphs like the above to impress your cyber buddies, it is not real etc.....
Excuse me, what's this comment? "Doubting Thomas"?

Quick Reply: Before vs after Aero mods + pics + VIDEOS!