SA Mikes Turbo Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:22 PM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheholic
Photos like these make me wonder if the 993TT is not the way to go vs the 997TT!
That question requires wondering?!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:08 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

That looks awesome great work Anthony.

Question for you Anthony ...do you just hand polish the painted spokes of the HRE wheels with the same products you use for body of the car. I have a similar painted spoke HRE set-up on my 911 and I normally hand polish them. I would post a pic or two, but do not want to hijack the thread.

Regards - Yasin
Old 12-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slownrusty
That looks awesome great work Anthony.

Question for you Anthony ...do you just hand polish the painted spokes of the HRE wheels with the same products you use for body of the car. I have a similar painted spoke HRE set-up on my 911 and I normally hand polish them. I would post a pic or two, but do not want to hijack the thread.

Regards - Yasin

Hello Yasin,

I polished the HRE spokes with a rotary polisher using a 3 inch backing plate and some very mild polish. This was a tricky undertaking as any slip could possibly mess the wheel up.

If you're not familiar with using a rotary polisher then I would stick to hand polishing.

Use a mild cutting polish, the same you use on your paint, and a soft microfiber towel. After you polish the entire wheel throughly then apply a hand glaze, like 3M's Imperial Hand Glaze or Meguiars #7 and then wax it. The glaze will help hide imperfections.

The outer chrome lip is, I believe, coated with a clear so use a paint polish on it before trying a metal polish.

If I can be of further help please let me know....and thank you for the compliment.

Anthony
Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 PM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 151 Posts

Anthony - Excellent. Thanks for the reply and the tips.

Regards - Yasin

Quick Reply: SA Mikes Turbo Pictures!