Sponsored by:

Andial Intercooler

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Andial Intercooler

Can any of you with the Andial Intercooler please post up some pics? I'd like to see some detail on the fin density as well as the size. I know that its thicker (1/2 inch) but i'm curious if it grows length wise.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also interested in how the Andial IC compare to the rest.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:50 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

The fins look the same as stock, but I'd have to see them side by side again.
It does fit under the shroud, so I do not believe it is longer.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ScottMellor
The fins look the same as stock, but I'd have to see them side by side again.
It does fit under the shroud, so I do not believe it is longer.
If that's the case then it seems that they just add another 1/2 inch to it and use similar to stock cores. I was hoping they used an updated core.

Hopefully someone posts up a pic and we can all see the fins
Old 09-04-2008, 02:18 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

I'll take a pic in a day or so when I get Andi back .
Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Originally Posted by Spartan
Can any of you with the Andial Intercooler please post up some pics? I'd like to see some detail on the fin density as well as the size. I know that its thicker (1/2 inch) but i'm curious if it grows length wise.

Thanks guys!
Is Andial selling their IC in exchange for your stock core?
Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Is Andial selling their IC in exchange for your stock core?
Correct. You send them the stock IC and they cut it and weld in the new cores. Said turn around is only a couple of days. Price was $2,500 ish last time I called.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Thanks. Have you look into Protomotive IC ?
Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Thanks. Have you look into Protomotive IC ?
I have but decided to go a different route due to cost and lead times
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
vincentdds
Racer

The only concern I have with the Andial IC is that if it doesn't work out I can't go back to OEM.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

The only concern I have with the Andial IC is that if it doesn't work out I can't go back to OEM.
True but given what they actually do to the IC I can't see how it wouldn't work out. Even if they use the SAME cores as stock the extra little bit of thickness should not hurt you at all. Also this should create less restriction when compared to the stocker which in turn causes less heat in and of itself.

Andial has a great reputation and given their racing history I don't believe that it would be worse than stock so no worries there. Having the word "Andial" on anything also means that the resale value will be strong. If for some reason you didn't like it I'm sure you could swap it with someone who had a stocker and only lose a few hundred dollars on the whole deal. Doubt you would want to go back to stock though

I'm looking forward to some pics and maybe some on here with an Andial IC can chime in.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
vincentdds
Racer

True but given what they actually do to the IC I can't see how it wouldn't work out. Even if they use the SAME cores as stock the extra little bit of thickness should not hurt you at all. Also this should create less restriction when compared to the stocker which in turn causes less heat in and of itself.

Andial has a great reputation and given their racing history I don't believe that it would be worse than stock so no worries there. Having the word "Andial" on anything also means that the resale value will be strong. If for some reason you didn't like it I'm sure you could swap it with someone who had a stocker and only lose a few hundred dollars on the whole deal. Doubt you would want to go back to stock though

I'm looking forward to some pics and maybe some on here with an Andial IC can chime in.
Very true that Andial brings value. May I ask what's your reason for IC upgrade?
My 3.8L was also built and tuned by Protomotive. According to Todd Knighton he doesn't think I need to upgrade IC unless tracking the car in hot climate.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Very true that Andial brings value. May I ask what's your reason for IC upgrade?
My 3.8L was also built and tuned by Protomotive. According to Todd Knighton he doesn't think I need to upgrade IC unless tracking the car in hot climate.
Bingo My car spends most of it's time on the track and heat soaks badly. After a while you can feel the car slowing due to IAT's (and pulling timing). Now I've upgraded the turbo's from the K16 variant which should help temps a little but now I "need" (ie want) a larger IC to compliment them.

No matter what I'm going to use an old aquamist pump to spray the IC. However I should probably just use it for its intended purpose. I still don't believe that water injection is bad for these cars. I've used it in all of my other turbo cars and it works wonders. As long as you don't spray it while the engine is cold I don't see how water can "pool" in the cylinders and cause rust but that's an entire different discussion.

If you use your car for the street only then the stock IC is probably fine although if I had a 3.8 there is no way I'd run a stocker IMHO (mostly bc I like mods)
Old 09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Bingo If you use your car for the street only then the stock IC is probably fine although if I had a 3.8 there is no way I'd run a stocker IMHO (mostly bc I like mods)

According to many on this board, the only IC that will give you improved performance over the stock is the $ecan.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Originally Posted by Bradford
According to many on this board, the only IC that will give you improved performance over the stock is the $eacan.
I saw the IC comparison thread. But there was nothing about the Andial IC.

Quick Reply: Andial Intercooler