Sponsored by:

Price Check Corner Balance and Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:46 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

What dort of shocks do you have
i have billstein pss-9 coilovers and yes i have the wrench that adjusts them it came with the set but that was not the issue he told me it was somethign else that they didn't have wah ta load of sh%t
Old 10-18-2007, 09:06 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
i have billstein pss-9 coilovers and yes i have the wrench that adjusts them it came with the set but that was not the issue he told me it was somethign else that they didn't have wah ta load of sh%t
Most likely they did not have the tool to do the kinematic toe.
You need a shop that knows these cars and can set it up the way you want it.

Hey, at least they were honest and told you....
Shops that can align these cars can be hard to find these days.

You might want to post on the 993 forum and ask for a recommendation in your area. There tends to be more activity there... as there are more 993s that 993TTs.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:20 AM
GTSilver
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jean
I agree with Scott, money well spent.

I negotiated a flat fee with the Porsche shop. It took them one week to get it per my specs, obviously they did not work on it for one week, but safe to say a good 15 hours, including kinematic toe, height, corner weight on each wheel, front to rear bias, camber, caster, etc.. I drew it all on a diagram, we measured it together when I took the car in, and then measured again when it was done. It ALL had to be redone three times, back and forth, including a test drive each time and back on the scales!

In fact I ended up having to be there under the car for 4 hours to get it finalized, only a couple of hours before a club race. The car was transformed. I now take it for fine tuning before almost every track day, it takes no more than 30 minutes to get things back in spec.

Problem is when you spend 4-5 hours and pay for them, but you still don't have it perfect, or they could have done it in 2 if they knew better. Tricky business, I recommend to negotiate a flat fee always and give them the specs you want as a condition for payment.
Hi Jean,

I know this is an old post but im trying to find any shops in the middle east to do cornor balancing as i couldnt find any shops in Kuwait nor Bahrain were i track my car. I'm willing to go to the UAE just to get it cornor balanced and alignment and maybe a trackday in either Yas or Autodrome.

Would you mind telling me what shops do you recommend or even Pm, and how's the GT2 on the track did you change anything or is it still stock.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Price Check Corner Balance and Alignment