Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 993TT Project

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:58 PM
vrus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got confirmation.. My carbon interior pieces are done and ready to be shipped.. They came out great..

Here is a sneak peek at what I have coming..

Last edited by vrus; 08-01-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:26 PM
vrus
Racer

Part of my R&D is going to be to test a few intercooler setups to see what works (well, hopefully I will get lucky with the first one I try)... I cant believe that the only solution is a $22,000 Secan intercooler..

This is the one I am starting off with.. Some details:

- It's a bar & plate design
- Showed an increase of +1psi of boost at the throttle body compared to the stock intercooler.
- Greater than 50% increase in cooling area
- IAT temperature reduction by a minimum of 10C

The best part is its under $4,000USD.

Last edited by vrus; 08-01-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:31 PM
pezza
Racer

The part number on the ecu, isn't listed on pelican parts, I've looked at PET, and the number for the 430 and 450 bhp factory ecu's is different to what you have. I haven't found what the part number on your ecu is yet, still looking.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:24 PM
AndyT
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that intercooler is sick. where did you get that !!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 PM
L8Apex
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vrus
Part of my R&D is going to be to test a few intercooler setups to see what works (well, hopefully I will get lucky with the first one I try)... I cant believe that the only solution is a $22,000 Secan intercooler..

- Showed an increase of +1psi of boost at the throttle body compared to the stock intercooler.

Nice find Victor! A few ?'s for you:

Who makes it?

Does it have a different fin design than the stock unit?

How much pressure drop does the big guy giveup? Nevermind! 1psi increase

How thick is the core?

I had a ANDIAL GT core on my 3.6t for awhile and noticed it would not cool the intake charge as well as the stock unit driving around town. It was basically too thick to be cooled as fast as the thinner stock unit. On the track (w/ lots of air) it was great. But around town in traffic it was not as good as the stock core.

When are the vr pcar parts going into production?
Old 07-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Default ECU

I have the same ECU and it has 2 stickers on it
993.618.666.00 and 993.618.601.00
what is that.???
Old 07-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Here are some DME numbershttp://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/PartsLookup/search.cgi?command=search&part_number=99361866610
Old 07-24-2007, 03:14 AM
vrus
Racer

Thanks for the effort! I appreciate it.. I am hoping someone will recognize it and be able to tell me what exactly I have in the car.

Originally Posted by pezza
The part number on the ecu, isn't listed on pelican parts, I've looked at PET, and the number for the 430 and 450 bhp factory ecu's is different to what you have. I haven't found what the part number on your ecu is yet, still looking.
LOL.. As you get to know me more Andy, you'll find out that I am always on the lookout for unique/interesting and out-of-the-norm products. I'm always looking for better solutions to what is currently out in the marketplace. As soon as I have something that is proven I will gladly share all the info with everyone.

Until I physically get one of these in my hands and put it through its paces, I dont want to put out too much detail.

But I promise I will tell all once I've had a chance to review it.

Originally Posted by AndyT
that intercooler is sick. where did you get that !!
Thanks Rob! I have alot of questions in my mind about this unit that need to be answered also.. Hopefully I will have it in my hands very shortly and can provide some more details for everyone.

If it works out, this will be the first Porsche product to join the VRP brand.

Originally Posted by L8Apex
Nice find Victor! A few ?'s for you:

Who makes it?

Does it have a different fin design than the stock unit?

How much pressure drop does the big guy giveup? Nevermind! 1psi increase

How thick is the core?

I had a ANDIAL GT core on my 3.6t for awhile and noticed it would not cool the intake charge as well as the stock unit driving around town. It was basically too thick to be cooled as fast as the thinner stock unit. On the track (w/ lots of air) it was great. But around town in traffic it was not as good as the stock core.

When are the vr pcar parts going into production?
Maybe the 601.00 was superceeded with 666.00 ?? Its possible on mine that the sticker came off or was removed.??? Is your ECU factory stock or was it reprogrammed?

Originally Posted by Barney1
I have the same ECU and it has 2 stickers on it
993.618.666.00 and 993.618.601.00
what is that.???
Old 07-24-2007, 04:17 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Steve from Rennsport mentions the numbers on your ecu in this tread https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=28499
Old 07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Yes the 601 was superseeded by the 666
Old 07-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Mine was reprogramed years ago from Autothority in VA
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
vrus
Racer

Just an update...

Custom Recaro seats and steering wheel are done.. they are being shipped out today so I should have them by next week.

The Daytona Race GT steering wheel that I ordered is back ordered until end of Aug so I took a substitute Daytona Sport steering wheel (same wheel but its curved at the bottom instead of flattened) for now and will buy the other one when it becomes available.

I preferred the Race GT version because it gives a little more clearance at the base of the wheel for your knees and legs since its flat.

I'll snap pics of the seats & other components when they arrive.

The carbon fiber pieces and my blue seat belts were a bit delayed because the wire transfer I sent somehow didnt get to where it was supposed to go so I had to rectify that.. Hopefully the carbon fiber and seat belts will arrive next week also...

If all goes well, my interior makeover will be complete within the next 2 weeks..
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 AM
Jussi
Pro

Originally Posted by vrus

Have you done any test yet with this new IC compared to stock one?
Old 08-01-2007, 10:57 AM
vrus
Racer

Not yet... After getting it all built I found out it wont fit a stock tail 993TT.. This particular one was designed with a thicker core and only works if you have a GT2 rear wing.

I am having the core made thinner so that it will adapt itself to a stock rear wing car. Hopefully this will be done in the next week. I need to double check some dimensions and measurements for the fabricator.

Originally Posted by js-911
Have you done any test yet with this new IC compared to stock one?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
vrus
Racer

The interior project is moving along nicely.. I received a few nice boxes today with some goodies in it..

Here are a few shots of the awesome Recaro Sport Topline seats.. These are full power assist, heat & cool functions, alcantera & leather combination.

This is the nice Atiwe Daytona GT Steering wheel.. This is the full leather version with leather airbag option.. My Race GT wheel was backordered for another month so I took this one for now.. I may or may not swap it out later.. I kind of like this one so we'll see....

That little blemish at the bottom of the wheel is where the sticker used to be that I peeled off.. LOL.. I hate stickers...

Here are my aluminum instrument rings & pedals...

Last but not least.. here are the custom lloyds mats that I ordered.. You can see what the relatively stock interior looks like now.. I'll take an AFTER pic once I install all the goodies so you can see the transformation..

Still to come: all the carbon fiber pieces, my rear seat delete & 2 side door panels (removing black carpet from door panels) which are being covered in black alcantera to match the seats.

Much more to come...

Last edited by vrus; 08-01-2009 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: My 993TT Project