Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 02:02 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
scottmellor

i sent him a pm apologizing for my comment, i dont nt mean to undermine anyone's car it just seems that these cars are very slow to sell these days, hence tim wasmer's experience, and another individual i know here in miami who had to sell his to the dealer for 45k 1997tt perfect shape all stock 55k miles, all he wanted was 59k and coudlnt get it, he waited a whole year 2nd owner ful lservcice records original window sticker etc. Believe me in my mind his car is worth 95k and i am sure he has an untouchable car collection, but the market doesn't seem to support 993tt sales these days, especially at a price of almost 100k from what i have seen this may be wrong, tal k to tim. also the other thread i pointed out was juts criticizing how he claimed 650hp from stage 2 autothority, the car is very nice, but i just get upset when people claim unrealistic hp figures. Ifi has the $ i'd make an offer for amir's car,

Iam sorry to have started all this

For those that truly appreciate the very few respected tuners of our 993tt's, Andial's twin plug 3.8 conversion is second to none. It has proven performance. Plus, with a price tag of $50K for the conversion, $95K for this beautiful car seems like a steal. Good luck with the sale. Someone will get a hell of a car!
Old 05-08-2007, 02:05 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

interesting thread to follow...

the "rarer" porsches and porsche-tuner models do indeed have a much smaller buyer pool... i think that at almost $100k, many would just go buy a 997GT3... however, those individuals are probably not the right target audience...rather, the buyer needs to be someone who is interested in a unique/different car with some history/character that cannot easily be replicated...

i am potentially in the market for a tt, but my budget doesnt allow for such a "special" car like this... it will have to be a garden-variety tt for me if/when i go that route...
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

As stated, the market for such unique cars is very small so that the current market price needs to be established through the results of this sale. Considering the money invested in the car, the asking price seems like a fair starting point. Now let the market speak!

Good luck!
Old 05-08-2007, 04:49 PM
shanepotter
Instructor

+3
Old 05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

CJ bought his Andial from Ruf in Dallas recently. Anyone remember the asking or purchase prices?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dfarrow
CJ bought his Andial from Ruf in Dallas recently. Anyone remember the asking or purchase prices?
Ruf was asking $89,900 with 68K on the odo.

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/show...d=825&d_id=947

Don't recollect if CJ ever disclosed what he finally paid.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:49 PM
sfbanchs
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 52 Posts

where has cj been he used to be a regular here
Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sfbanchs
where has cj been he used to be a regular here
Pitching for the Texas Rangers
Old 05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 474 Likes on 317 Posts

Amir, how many owners?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
AmirGT2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTIN.
Amir, how many owners?
Justin,

I am the third owner. The first had it for only 4500 miles. The second owner was a Doctor in Illinois who had the conversion done at 9500 miles and then I bought it with just a few ticks over 19,000 in 3/2003.

Amir
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

FWIW, Andial has built 22 993tt 3.8's and has one under construction. As soon as I get some time I will resume putting the registry together. Given the history of their organization and the fact they have 162 sports car wins world wide in their resume creates in my opinion, value.
I believe Amir price is quite fair given the performance level of the car and what it cost to build with genuine porsche parts. I keep looking for something that has the cachet and performance and its 150K or more to duplicate. I believe the GT3 can generate the track numbers but is no where close in the pure adrenaline.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts
Default 3.8 under construction is mine

Originally Posted by JJayB
FWIW, Andial has built 22 993tt 3.8's and has one under construction. As soon as I get some time I will resume putting the registry together. Given the history of their organization and the fact they have 162 sports car wins world wide in their resume creates in my opinion, value.
I believe Amir price is quite fair given the performance level of the car and what it cost to build with genuine porsche parts. I keep looking for something that has the cachet and performance and its 150K or more to duplicate. I believe the GT3 can generate the track numbers but is no where close in the pure adrenaline.
I dropped of my car at Andial a month ago to have it converted into a 2WD GT2 (all factory body work) with Andial 3.8 twin plug. I was there last week to finalize the last details (carpet kit, cage, sunroof delete) and it should be done in 2 to 3 months including new paint (original black).

I can't wait to get the beast back! Still evaluating the suspension. I have a GT2 race car suspension (adjustable Bilsteins) which I am considering to install instead of the Bilstein shocks with H&R springs currently on the car. I am concerned that the race suspension will be too harssh for the street.

What is a good set up? Should I go to the PSS9? What was the original GT2 set up?

Any input appreciated.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

One hell of a car you are building Porschemeister! I would recommend the Moton as a good compromise, flawless.

JJayB, is there somewhere online where we can read about Andial's palmares, 162 wins, it is fascinating!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:29 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porschemeister
I dropped of my car at Andial a month ago to have it converted into a 2WD GT2 (all factory body work) with Andial 3.8 twin plug. I was there last week to finalize the last details (carpet kit, cage, sunroof delete) and it should be done in 2 to 3 months including new paint (original black).

I can't wait to get the beast back! Still evaluating the suspension. I have a GT2 race car suspension (adjustable Bilsteins) which I am considering to install instead of the Bilstein shocks with H&R springs currently on the car. I am concerned that the race suspension will be too harssh for the street.

What is a good set up? Should I go to the PSS9? What was the original GT2 set up?

Any input appreciated.
As Jean suggested, I'd go with the Motons. I've had great luck with some customs Bilsteins but you need a shock dyno to set them up. Harshness is usually do to shock valving. I wouldn't run over 600ft/800 rear on the street. Is it a track car or a street car? You cannot have it both ways.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:46 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jean
One hell of a car you are building Porschemeister! I would recommend the Moton as a good compromise, flawless.

JJayB, is there somewhere online where we can read about Andial's palmares, 162 wins, it is fascinating!
Jean
I'll make an inquiry this week since I need to pick up some parts. Excexpt for the trophies they have, I don't believe there's anything on web. Many motorsports sports car events were sanctioned by bodies no longer around.

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1997 993TT Andial 3.8