Sponsored by:

RUF rides again...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUF rides again...

For those of you that helped with the christmas mystery.... it has been solved!!!! if your car is runnin lean, or has a little skip.... just send your ECU to todd at protomotive fir the quiqk tune up (no officer... that was another black on black Ruf twin turbo that just blasted through here,,,, what are the chances of that? I sure hope you have a nice night sleeping under that bridge....

here it is.... this damn car is motorcycle fast.... it's not meant for mere morthals like us....

that;s why I have it.... cause I;m a super mortal... like oa ninja turtle, but actuall y coooler... props to todd at protomotive,,, the got the ECU fixed up right ther 1st time.... the price was right,..... and now the car screams!!!!!!
'
and thak you brian copans..... you are the transmission maiesto.....

KEVIN--- good lookkiig out with all the grat priced on the clutches.... plugwires, chevch valves.... and a ll yhe little stuff for thre right fit!

you guys are the best...... and I caannot forget Ca twin (steve)-- he was my moral support when the pid=stions we down,,, he told me it would all be good..........

TONIGHT i TOOK THAT THING UP TO 180!!!!!!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE;S A SCREAMER!!!!!! ruf..... ruf...... RUF.......

can i get you guys a drink too? thanks Steve.... it was worthtj the wait!

capitan Yield Spread
Old 02-06-2007, 02:53 AM
ttAmerica RoadsterAWD
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome!! Yeah, midway thru your post I can tell you've had a "few" drinks....and that's good too!

You've got to be stoked, I'm glad you are once again on the road the right way....err, just not tipsy I hope.

Jaime
Old 02-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Stummel
Pro

why did you stop at 180...
Old 02-06-2007, 12:10 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Cograts Kevin, on taking the time to do it right. You now own one of the best cars on the road, bar none. How is that close-ratio gearbox? Dang... that's great. Time for some new pictures!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Woodster
Drifting

Todd is a genious tuner/builder that can solve ANYTHING.

Congrats on your superfast, fun car!

MK
Old 02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Todd is great to work with as well as reasonable, not to mention he does know his stuff. My car would not register on OBDII. Sent my ecu to him, works fine now. Quick turnaround, good work.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:47 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

I stopped at 180 cause the road was getting short...

the new gear box makes this thing snap your neck in any gear.... shifts silky smooth too...

traction is still a problem in 1st, 2nd, and third gear....

I drove this thing for a week with the front drive shaft disconnected just to figure out if I wanted a rear wheel dive only car... this car is not remotely safe in two wheel drive mode! I made a medium pass on a two lane road, the boost jumped up in the front seat with me, and the rear end decided it would mambo out to the left a bit... well... when your stairing directly at the 18 wheelers front tire for a few quick blips of you heart.... you realize that 4 is better than two... I pulled out my "what would RUFUS do" hand guide, and was able to quickly glean a few words of wisdom before it was too late.... seems lots of left lock to the steering and staying in the throttle can save you a@@ on a back country road.... thanks RUFUS!!!!

I also never was able to get a "sling shot" 20mph-60mph in two wheel mode, but the all wheel mode is like blasting off in a space schuttle....

more to come.... still working my life away so I can dump it all into cheep women and expensive cars!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ima2nr
still working my life away so I can dump it all into cheep women and expensive cars!
Your avatar calls your "cheep women" claim into question, looks high value to me!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

I don't know, but whatever in the world it is that you are on, I want some of that. Your post is hilarious Kevin.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:12 AM
Ima2nr
Instructor

I'm ready to go drivin!!! we need 4-5 cars gost get it out and blast around for a few hours... whos down in the atlasnta ga?
Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Kevin,

I think you should start a new thread in the 993 forum (if you don't mind a few slow-pokes in your midst) asking for folks in your location that want to take a cruise someplace. I'm tempted to drive down just to meet you and see your fabulous car. I guess we'll have to plan a meeting in Dallas!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by ca993twin
Kevin,

I think you should start a new thread in the 993 forum (if you don't mind a few slow-pokes in your midst) asking for folks in your location that want to take a cruise someplace. I'm tempted to drive down just to meet you and see your fabulous car. I guess we'll have to plan a meeting in Dallas!
But they wouldn't be able to keep up with him...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:23 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
But they wouldn't be able to keep up with him...
Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Ima2nr
Instructor

The "gig" is up...

my wife just walked in while I had RENNLIST up.... she just saw my avitar for the 1st time...

SHE SAID I CAN KEEP IT UP!!!!!

sweet!!!!!!

time to make her put that little green out fit on.... YES!!!! (she is the RUF of wifes)
Old 02-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ima2nr
The "gig" is up...

my wife just walked in while I had RENNLIST up.... she just saw my avitar for the 1st time...

SHE SAID I CAN KEEP IT UP!!!!!

sweet!!!!!!

time to make her put that little green out fit on.... YES!!!! (she is the RUF of wifes)

Quick Reply: RUF rides again...