Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:28 AM
porschemeister
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
Default GT2 wing

[QUOTE=JJayB]here's a few pictures of blacky

great looking car!

just located the factory front GT2 nose pieces and fender flares I had packed away years ago...building a street GT2 now but I need a factory rear wing. Any idea where to get one?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:16 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by JJayB
Scott,
Lip is an FVD piece designed for a trubo and balances the rear wing. Glad to hear the clutch worked out, I knew it would.
Jim
Beautiful pics and the avtar is suitably blinged

Tell us a bit more about the front spoiler, I have seen that on the FVD site, they also sell some sort of carbon "splitter" to go with it.
Did you consider the splitter ?
Can you tell the difference in handling/downforce with the new front spoiler ?
Does the car feel noticably more stable at very high (track ) speeds with the new spoiler ?
TIA
Old 12-16-2006, 05:48 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Jim
Beautiful pics and the avtar is suitably blinged

Tell us a bit more about the front spoiler, I have seen that on the FVD site, they also sell some sort of carbon "splitter" to go with it.
Did you consider the splitter ?
Can you tell the difference in handling/downforce with the new front spoiler ?
Does the car feel noticably more stable at very high (track ) speeds with the new spoiler ?
TIA
Toby,
I previously ran a turbo S front spoiler, which worked ok with the GT2 rear wing.
The truth be told, a tunner who will go unnamed had the FVD front spoiler for two years and couldn't sell it. Finally he says its yours and I replaced the Turbo S front with the FVD piece. It works far better than the S spoiler at high speed and under braking. I haven't added the splitter as the car is low enough to make driveways a challenge. If it were a track only car, I'd got with the splitter in a second. Yes the high speed handling is improved, but I don't see speeds above 160 like you Vmax guys.

Porschemeister,
Stock GT2 wings are hard to find. Most of the aftermarket are not up to porsche standards with the exception of Getty's stuff.

Quick Reply: 993 3.8 rsr factory cage...