Sponsored by:

Does anyone know this car

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 05:11 AM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know this car

I was just wondering if anyone knew this car, I currently have a tuned 930 which I have spent a lot of money on engine mods and will keep, but I’ve also always liked the 993tt and if I bought one I would definitely modify it and this one looks like most mods have already been done. The main reason for the post is just to find out if this car has a bad history, or if it once belonged to Lonman or similar , any input would be appreciated
Cheers

http://www.wigansportsandprestige.co...=155984&popup=

Old 11-14-2006, 05:55 AM
Dickyboy
Advanced

Hi there. Just thought you might like some additional pics to go on. This one (same plate at least) is also for sale at Fothergills.

http://marcusfothergill.co.uk/vehicl...D=78300&popup=

Going on looks, I'd buy it tomorrow if I had some 'spare change'!
Old 11-14-2006, 06:38 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know it, but would love a ride in it if one of you two can find enough "spare change" to swing it. Any info on who did the mod's to produce this 600 hp?
Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Was this the car done by mjims who used to frequent the forum ? It certainly looks like it.
600hp at 1.05bar with GT2 turbos..........right whatever

The car may have high 400s hp but sounds like it is on fixed boost so probably one of those 10sec dyno run tuned specials however I would not condemn it for that, it looks nicely done, had BBS racing wheels - I actually copied my wheels on these
It sounds a lot of car for the cash. If you are really interested try pming mjims to get more info.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:18 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Cheers for the replies chaps, i've sent mjims a PM so i'll see what he says, i've read some old posts by him and it looks like it's been run at 1.2bar at times so i hope it's had some strong internals fitted, we'll see how things pan out
Old 11-16-2006, 05:55 AM
Dickyboy
Advanced

Good luck with that JBL. It's a truely amazing looking motor. TB - love those gold centred BBS (LMs in Magnesium I'm assuming). BB- I haven't yet found that spare change, must remember to look under the matress this evening............!
Cheers
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 AM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dickyboy
BB- I haven't yet found that spare change, must remember to look under the matress this evening............!
Cheers
Keep looking - I want a ride!
Old 11-16-2006, 01:58 PM
JBL930
Not Forgotten

Well I’ve learned quite a bit in the last couple of days about the car, mjims (Jim Swift) was apparently a top bloke who was fanatical about his car, spent a lot of money modifying etc etc, after he did the cannonball run (pics below after the finish) he was quite open about the engine being tired and in need of a refresh/rebuild, I’m yet to find out if this work was done but somehow I doubt it as rumour has it the car changed hands for £25k in the trade. Before Jim decided to sell the car he unfortunately had an accident which is the reason for the £12k bodywork (someone mentioned that the actual damage was nearer £25k) and when he decided to sell it he had found out that it had been badly damaged before he bought it. So the car has been badly smashed twice, highly modified and tracked/cannonball and is almost certainly in need of an engine rebuild, I’ve learned from the seller that first gear is shot too so throw a gearbox rebuild in there too. I went through all this with the seller and he will not take a penny less than £42k. Unless I find out that all the engine work has been done then it's a dead duck, thanks for all your help
Regards
Jonathan

Here is a very short clip of it in action, it cetainly looked quick, there is a vid somewhere apparently which shows it running neck and neck with a 360CS at around 190mph on the cannonball even with that rear wing

http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q...=993-GT2-2.flv
Old 11-16-2006, 05:36 PM
bb993tt
Three Wheelin'

Jonathan,

I've been following this here, as well as on PH. Unless the "unless" can be addressed seems like your head's in the right place. Quel domage - especially for you !

b

Quick Reply: Does anyone know this car