Sponsored by:

Need help checking out a car in Milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 06:42 PM
TM5
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help checking out a car in Milwaukee

I am a relatively new Rennlist member searching for a low mileage,<15k, garage queen TT or C4S. I may have found a TT that fits the bill and am looking for a local member willing to stop by and check out the car ( I live in Cincinnati so not easy to just drop by) as well as recommendations on a local shop to do the PPI. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:05 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

I live in South Milwaukee which is a suburb. My dad used to bring his 993 coupe to O' Reilly Motorcars in Milwaukee and I always brought the boxster there as well. I'm overseas right now so I can't help you with the PPI.......

I saw numerous other Porsche's @ O Reillys every time my car was in the shop. Generally 993/964 and older......

There's only 2 Porsche dealerships in the area- Concours and International Autos......Concours has a much better reputation for service. I always brought my car to O' Reilly because they charged half as much and I didn't have to wait 2-3 weeks for Concours to fit me in........

I had my car in for an oil change at International Auto and they tried telling me my car had the dreaded "RMS" issue and that they would replace it for $1500 or so........brought it to O Reilly who quoted me $900 over the phone, and when I dropped it off, they called me back an hour later and said it was just moisture from sitting (I had just pulled it out of Winter Storage)....I didn't really believe it so when I returned they put it up on the hoist and let me see for myself- no leak. Then they put a UV dye in the oil to make sure there wasn't a leak and a week later when I brought it in for the 15k service it was still good to go as it remained until I sold it.....

Never used them for a PPI and this was about 3 years ago since I sold the Boxster and last used them so take all this with a grain of salt.....
Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
BMWM5
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live 10 min from the Milwaukee area. I have owned numerous Porsches including a 993TT. If you would like me to take a look at the car let me know.

Quick Reply: Need help checking out a car in Milwaukee