Sponsored by:

Confession Department

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Confession Department

Hey, do I have to tell you guys if I poured not one but two quarts of oil into some undefined space in the general vicinity of the engine bay? At 3:00 PM with visiting relatives as witnesses.

Nothing was biting me. I don't have an earring. I can field strip a 1911. I quit drinking last century. The sun has risen in clear skies for weeks now. No one mentioned the name of any exwife or attorney. You tell me, what the f..k was going through a linguistic bipedal primate brain resulting in whatever you call this. Inquiring minds want to know.

Oil is in the oil department. I mean, you have walk all the way over there to get another bottle. If you need two, you bring two first place. This isn't my wife and a pina colada machine we're talking about here. The reason my left thumb is about two inches shorter than my right thumb is because exactly this kind of s..t.

I was smashed like a bug and the guy sitting next to me was killed before I could say "What the fu ". No c. No k. No close whatevers. I mean I have seen the Levis patch on my jeans about an inch from my nose with me in them. When I'm out there driving wrenches the God of Garage has my undivided attention.

It takes a great degree of skill and a lot of infrequently practiced movements and gestations to pull this off. This is orders of magnitude beyond monkies on tricycles at the circus. Forget the fact that the first quart had to be all over the damn floor long before even thought about popping another top. This is a serious breach of security. Keep this guy away from my **** until forever.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:13 AM
WHB Porsche
I'm Still Jenny
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was adding a quart of oil to a rented plane two days ago and poured part of it into the engine bay, but then i stopped and got a funnel. and i DEFINITELY didn't get another quart of oil and pour it into the same place... although, there was oil dripping onto the ground near the nosewheel...
Old 06-17-2006, 12:16 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Tour18, how do you like the Boxster S vs. 993 Turbo?
Old 06-17-2006, 03:45 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My first oil change with the tt I couldn't even find the drain plug and poured 3 quarts into the bay when the shorty hose popped off at the bottom!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:41 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ouch!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

actually, my mechanic warned me about those hoses breaking and/or popping off, so I will be forever paranoid. I guess that's good.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:08 AM
Tour18
Banned

Sorry for not betting back to this thread sooner. Somone I know real well has a turbo impeller sitting on his desk that was attacked by a red rag. That sort of made dumping two quarts of oil onto the garage floor seem not quite such a big deal.

DO NOT get a red rag in the vinity of a Turbo Anything if the air clearner is off. The turbo will loose. That is a fact.

FC-Racer, as far as the Boxter goes I've said it a million times. The Boxster is a jewel. I hardly ever drive it. But when I do, I am amazed that they could get it so right. The 993TT is just a brute by comparison. In fact, they are so different, there is no comparison.

On another note, we just put a 997 X51 motor in a brand new 987 Boxster S. Talk about sweet. It definately put the idea of a Cayman with a big motor right up there on my want list.

Last edited by Tour18; 07-08-2006 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Confession Department