Sponsored by:

RS motor mounts DIY

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:36 AM
Basal Skull
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RS motor mounts DIY

Did the motor mount thing today. Followed the directions at p-car.com and Jeff's write up/pics https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=28499
The only thing different I did was I used the regular bolt that comes with the mounts and did not use the longer ones as suggested by Jeff. I also used on each mount, four of the larger washers #13 in diagram (8 total) and used only one of #15 (2 total). Got the mounts from Rob King at S-Car-Go during my recent San Francisco trip and he suggested I use two of the #13 washers above and 2 below the mount (ie. double up - he thought one on either side was not strong enough) and I decided to use only one of the thicker #15 below the mount and did not use one above - this allowed me to use the regular shorter bolt.
The other thing is that I found both mounts a little bit of a pain to remove - easy enough to loosen the bolts but actually getting them out of the engine compartment was difficult - the passenger side one was a pain d/t the AC (got it out without loosening anything eventually), and on the driver's side, the tubing that contains the wire for the tail release is in the way - had to lower the engine some and use some force to eventually get it out.

My first impressions are that shifting I agree seems more crisp, pretty subtle..., don't really notice much change in noise (have muffler bypasses) or suspension (have motons). My next track day is May 15th and maybe I might have some more impressions then. Had fun doing it and would recommend it.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: RS motor mounts DIY