Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Kevin Ross
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aargh! Not Again! CEL!

Hi Everyone

Well, the CEL went on a week after I had the car, as you all know by now...

1 rebuild later, after an oil change, after the aircon was fixed (turned out they had swapped two hoses when reinstalling the engine ), after the creaking was fixed, the glove box was fixed, the noisy airpump was fixed...

... it happened again! CEL came on yesterday on the way back from the country. I had just left my in-laws on boxing day, and was driving the 300km back home when on it came. No alarm, buzzer or any other warnings... just pop, on it came.

Now, the aircon didn't seem as cold either which was strange?

I just figured, stuff it... seriously, I give up! I pointed the car home and sat on cruise control all the way. Thing is, she sounded sweet! A couple of times I put my foot down to overtake and the boost came on strong. No smoking, etc...

What now do you think?
Old 12-26-2005, 07:03 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kevin, you really need to find another shop. No matter how nice the people there are, they don't seem to know what they are doing or they are careless and cause a problem when they fix another one. You have had more bad stuff happen to your car than probably half of the 993 Turbo rennlisters combined. The 993TT is much more reliable and less finicky than your 964 Turbo, it should run like a rocket with no glitches.

If you saw the abuse I put my 993 Turbo through (and my friend puts his GT3 through), it would astound you. I do track days where I run the car in each and every session from the first minute until the checkered flag. Then when they open the track up for open session at the end, when no one else wants to go and most cars are broken, I go out in those sessions too.

Miraculously, the car feels better on the drive home than on the drive to the track. Your problems are highly unusual and you would probably be better off getting a second shop to have a look at the issues you've found. Once you get the car sorted, you will love it, it's the best car on the road IMO.

Merry Christmas,
Farzaan

Quick Reply: Aargh! Not Again! CEL!