PSS 9 Settings

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 02:48 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MOD500
Regards tyre pressures I run 2.2 bar front and 2.7 rear. If you don't already have one, its worth buying a digital pressure gauge to drop your pressures after each of your first 3 or 4( ? - am no expert) laps to your preferred setting. Though remember to pump them back up at the first petrol station you find!!
Porsche recommends 2.5 fr and 3.0 for the rears.

FWIW, my car had a full track setup with tightest antisway settings, shocks and springs.

Softened everything up this spring and it was a mistake.. car does not handle anywhere as well as before. So next spring, I'll be off to Manthey racing for a reset. I'll just have to respray the splitters more often

The harder the better....
Old 10-09-2005, 12:45 PM
MOD500
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surely the Porsche pressures are only for road use only? I find my car handles much better on the road using the lower pressures I mentioned also for some reason On track I have found the standard pressures to cause lots of slip after a few laps due to the tyre pressure rocketing, hence my comment on lowering the pressure after each lap for 3 or 4 laps.

Nice avatar Jean Pierre!

....... a query on PSS 9, hopefully someone can help:

Today, I went to alter my rear damper settings for the first time and upon looking for some reference mark like the fronts have, I could not see anything? Is there a marker, or do you asume 12 o'clock is the ref mark? Also, just to clarify does hard = 1 and soft = 9 or vice versa? I wrote it down when I had the system installed but cannot find the bit of paper now !

Thanks

MOD.

Quick Reply: PSS 9 Settings