Sponsored by:

PSS-9 Dyno tested

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 02:19 AM
wunderkap
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS-9 Dyno tested

I "Shock Dyno" tuned a new set of PSS-9's the other day and I wanted to share the results. I currently only have it in paper form so I took a quick photo of it as I did not get the file on this computer.

The left axis is force measured in lbs and the bottom axis is Velocity measured in inches/second. The upper group of lines is the bump and the lower group of lines is the rebound.

The red (highest and lowest lines) are setting 1, the stiffest setting. It has a nice bottlenose curve for the track. The next settings tested on this chart were
setting 2, 3, 5, 7, &8. 9 is not shown and was too soft. You can see the group of setting 2-8 was very close especially at lower velocities, with 6, 7, 8 almost identical. We determined the the sock basically have 3 main choices. 1= very aggressive. 2-8 good compromise for track and road. 9=If your going to drive Queen Elizabeth II around.

Since I plan to track the car only a few times a year to start with I chose settings 3 and 6. We set the ride height 25.25" rear and 25.7 front which is about 1.25" lower than stock and 1" above RS. We corner balanced the car and ended up getting the exact weight on both left and right sides (with me in it) with a 60/40% rear front. We set the rear camber fairly aggressive at -1.0 front and -2.4 rear. My casters are set right about 6/ high 5's degrees. I don't have my notes so this is from memory.
The new SO2's will ware faster but this is not a daily driver. I took it for a quick spin through the lakeland hill country of Texas and was blown away on how it handled at high speeds. There was at one long downhill right curve a tiny bit of tread chatter in the front due to the deep treads. I want to tweak it but it is handling great now.
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2005, 02:41 AM
wunderkap
Track Day

Default side view

Photo
Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2005, 03:24 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 438 Likes on 210 Posts

WunderKap,

Awesome review/stats, this makes sense and is a great way for people that dont know (read: me ) to understand what the settings actually do. im interested to see that the change is NOT linear all the way through the range tho?

As i am about to iunstall my JIC set-up - i will be interested to know how this goes - stay tuned!

Thanks for posting!

Simon
Old 05-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Don Magee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Very, very interesting. Do you mind sharing where this work was done? I am in Austin as well.
Is your car Polar Silver? If so, please take car of it because I want to buy it! I have a plain jane polar silver NA 993.

Quick Reply: PSS-9 Dyno tested