Sponsored by:

Turbo-S front spoiler & Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 04:57 PM
Den
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo-S front spoiler & Bumper

Can anyone tell me if the 993 Turbo-S front spoiler came as an integral part of the front bumper cover? I need a new bumper cover on my 97 tt and rather than buying a 97 cover and a after market Turbo-S spoiler that just screws on I'd like to know if I can buy it all from Porsche thus assuring a better fit. Three dealers in my area have to contact the factory and I am not sure that they know exactly what I want. Help!

Also, can new bumper covers be purchased without the bumper pad cutouts?

Den

Last edited by Den; 08-24-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 03:42 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Hello Den. No, the front spoiler is not an integral part. You must buy separetly fron the bumper cover. I recomend an aftermarket part due to the high cost of factory one and looks and fit the same. That spoiler need a double contact tape and, not sure, some bolts at the side end part. The bumpers w/o pads are euro model and fit perfect on US cars. Check on ebay. Hope that help.

Regards
Old 08-25-2004, 02:03 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

I put a turbo "S" front lip on my car. I have to disagree with the prior post, don't buy an aftermarket unless it is made of the same material the OEM is made from. I bought a fiberglass piece first and had a heck of time trying to make it look factory, plus it will chip up easier. The OEM part is about $600, sometimes you can find it on ebay, but it is a lot easier to work with. You will have to drill two holes in you car. These holes are for studs that are on each side of the lip so it mounts up tight. The front will match up to the your original front and I would tell you to buy some type of permanent glue and glue the piece on around the edges. If done right, it look as good as the factory.

Good luck and feel free to PM on any questions.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:04 PM
mkhn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Den,

What color is your TT? I have a set of black Turbo S scoops with lights for sale if you're interested. They are brand new with new paint. I have mounted them on my car for fit, but never have driven with them on. PM me, if you're interested.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 08-25-2004, 08:43 PM
Corte Loco
Racer

clubrcr, all depends on wich company was your suplier . There are very aftermarket parts that are very good. Sorry, but I doubt the factory one cost US600; the aftermarket cost more than that.

Regards
Old 08-25-2004, 09:12 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Den
I am not sure if I know what you are talking about, but does this help - it is a new complete bolt on front bumper which incorporates the Turbo S spoiler:
http://www.stuttgart.co.uk/evo993/evolution993p1.html
Old 08-25-2004, 09:55 PM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Corte Loco
clubrcr, all depends on wich company was your suplier . There are very aftermarket parts that are very good. Sorry, but I doubt the factory one cost US600; the aftermarket cost more than that.

Regards
I bought mine from a Porsche dealer in Altanta, GA for a little more than $600. Make a few calls, you can get one for a decent price if you can find one. The part is not normally stocked so you have to look.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:42 AM
PorscheDavid
Racer

Gert Carnewal has the Porsche OEM for US$840
Old 08-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Den
Banned

Originally Posted by TB993tt
Den
I am not sure if I know what you are talking about, but does this help - it is a new complete bolt on front bumper which incorporates the Turbo S spoiler:
http://www.stuttgart.co.uk/evo993/evolution993p1.html
TB993tt,
Is that a Stuttgart Connection bumper cover and spoiler that I see on your car? Did you deal direct with them in the UK? I've not been able to get them to reply to my email and time to order is running out.
Den

Quick Reply: Turbo-S front spoiler & Bumper