Sponsored by:

Change flywheel at clutch job?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 03:45 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Change flywheel at clutch job?

I am having my clutch done soon as it is chattering pretty badly. I think my launch at the Kumho Super Challenge overheated the pressure plate or flywheel as it got much worse after that day.

My question is, do you usually replace the flywheel when you do a clutch on a 993TT? I don't want to go the LWF route on this car. I did that on my C2T and did not like the noise or the NVH that could be felt. I am really picky about this kind of stuff.

The DMFW is quite expensive so I'm trying to decide whether I should change it out as a matter of precaution or try my luck and just replace the clutch assembly. What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:20 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you'll be able to look at the surface of the flywheel when you remove the clutch, and make a determination if it needs replacing. For me... I can't wait until my original clutch finally wears out so I can do the LWF/RS clutch assembly. But that's just me.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:22 PM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, I'm sure Bob will steer you anyways but look into the LWF and GT2 clutch. From my "on the fly" research, the RS clutch will not be able to handle the additional HP/torque we all crave.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:16 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Adison,

I'm sure you're right... I get the numbers/letters mixed up (old fartism). When the day arrives, I'll just hand the car and the AmEx card to bob,

Quick Reply: Change flywheel at clutch job?