Sponsored by:

My 1000th Post

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

This seems very interesting for hot climates and high hp engines. I wonder what kind of temp drops you see with these setups.
Kevin if you have any pics of the turbo outlet pipe setup on a 993TT it would help immensely for understanding it.

Thanks again for the great tips you're sharing with us.

Jean
Old 06-20-2004, 10:03 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally posted by Kevin
TB give these guys a break, your car is done, quit being so damn cynical towards programming, dyno's, and HP... Everyone know's that the days of high dollar engineering is done for this car and engine. I applaud Jean for grabbing a wrench and sockets and ripping apart a 993TT engine and trying to figure out what he wants to accomplish. He will figure out shortly how much HP he can really afford when he has to reach into his wallet to start paying for it. Here is the solution for the intercooler, keep your stock one and mount either N02 or C02 over it, set the acuator to .6 bar. Cheap out and spray H20 with a alcohol mix... Regardless, at the stop light any cooler from a Secan to the stock core, with generate heat soak. It has been already proven that the stock cooler has excellent recovery times in dissipating heat. Also, the Secan units were designed to handle K26's and an RPM curve between 6-8K.. A stock/street engine will never see those perimeters.
Apologies to anyone who is offended by my cynical tone, I am just trying to share what I have picked up over the years, be it right or wrong, people can make up their own minds but I intend to continue posting until I get banned
RS Tuning and others have used the Secan units with the same turbos I have on my car - to great effect 560 odd hp which is maintainable under race conditions and this is no 6-8K rpm racer, it is fully streetable with 450hp by 4100rpm and peak power at 5500rpm.
BTW my car is not "done" it continues to be work in progress. If someone comes out with an intercooler which works better than the factory and uses the stock intake system, I will be first in line to buy one

Quick Reply: My 1000th Post