Sponsored by:

Electric failure

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Corte Loco
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electric failure

I found I have an intermitent signal to the distributor cable. Sometimes the car start fine and sometimes donīt. I also find that the DME relay, at one of the connectors is burned. What to check? I also have a complete power loss when I reach the 4000-4200 rpms at full pedal and then the car start with detonations and sudently stops and donīt start again. I replace the ECU(that was burned) with a Thielert one for test, thinking the problem was the ECU, but with both ECUīs I found the same problem. Iīm not in a great position down here due to itīs the only 993tt in my country and the dealer donīt want to see my car since I replace the engine with other shop. Any of you guys have ever find problems like I do? Any suggestion appreciated.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:50 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Corte;

I know that you have had this nightmare for awhile. What pin# is burnt on the DME relay? Is you fuel pump failing/failed? I had to replace mine in the last 2 weeks... You are going to have to back track to find out what is wrong. Did you have your engine out for a clutch or something? I think that all of us feel for you.. Who worked on the car last before these problems..? You are going to have to purchase a continuity tester..
Old 05-30-2004, 03:58 PM
Corte Loco
Racer

Thankīs for the interest on my problem Kevin. Yes itīs a nightmare when you donīt have support from the dealer. 87-B is the pin# that is burning the slot on the fuse box, no cable damage only the plastic cover from the relay box. I have good fuel pressure from the pump. Since I replace the engine a year ago I never put out the engine/transmission out and the chief mechanic is very knowledge on Pcars(more than 24 years). What problems did you find before replace the fuel pump on your car?
Old 05-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

You've replaced your DME relay right?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:23 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Yes I do, but now the car donīt have signal to the spaks. What a PITA.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:19 AM
Corte Loco
Racer

Well we finally find what could be my problem. After search for a long time we found a very small broken side on the ignition coil, we couldnīt see it before due to the size, so we repalce it with a 993 N/A coil just to check and BINGO!!! the car start again. We hope that could be all my problem. Do you recomend an OEM replacement or I go with a 50-55k volts performance coil? Any of you had to replace a coil before for damage? If so wich route you take: OEM or performance? The OEM part is 993.602.073.00.

Regards

Quick Reply: Electric failure