Sponsored by:

Turbo with armrest?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Jordan987
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo with armrest?

Hey guys, I’ve owned my Arena Red 96 C4S for 9 years and want to move up to Turbo. This one in Scottsdale looks interesting but I can’t recall seeing a 993 with an armrest and I’m pretty sure the hard back seats are rare, if not particularly desired. I assume the seats were a special order, but the armrest? Can this easily be put back to stock?

Anybody know this car?

https://www.righttoyota.com/inventor...ource=cars.com
Old 12-09-2018, 03:55 PM
Damien Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,

Porsche offered an Armrest as an option - although I haven't seen many of them on the Turbo's I have come across in the past. The Sport seats are definitely a desirable option! I think your best bet would be to request a photo of the options sticker located on the underside of the hood (assuming it's still there and not removed from a hood respray or someone peeling it off). Once you have a photo of the sticker, it's pretty easy to decode using one of the decoders available on the forum (just search for an option decoder).

Otherwise, the car is pretty darn nice..I like dark cars with light interiors. Assuming this car has it's original paint, I would immediately get a PPI with a reputable Porsche shop and look for the following (and then some): Paint meter readings, leakdown and compression test, overrevs, leaking valve covers, clutch life, etc, etc. The car seems fairly priced for the mileage and options in my opinion. You might even be able to negotiate a little more off of what they are asking. No idea why it would be at a Toyota dealership but it probably belongs to someone who works there as I cannot imagine someone trading this in on a Toyota (not that Toyota doesn't make great cars...).

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Jordan987
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is strange that it is being offered by a Toyota dealership, even more so that the Carfax shows it was sold twice at that same dealership in 2017. That being said, the report is clean. I’ll call this week to enquirer about this and the option codes.

Assuming the armrest came from from the factory, could it be easily removed and swapped for the tray? I swapped the factory cassette holder for the tray in my C4S years ago.
Old 12-09-2018, 05:09 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That’s a “Bird” console/armrest. I have one in mine, and love it. NLA
Old 12-10-2018, 03:57 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

As OB says, its a Bird, the factory ones were individual for each seat

Quick Reply: Turbo with armrest?