Sponsored by:

Anyone have ABD work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 08:41 AM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone have ABD work?

HI all, i've been playing around on the british slippery roads and noticed that i'm unable to get the ABD light to come on. Is it because i'm not trying hard enough? I notice the read end coming out along with plenty of wheel spin but no ABD safety net stepping in. Is it beause it's not slippery enough?

Thanks

Alan
Old 12-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Garrick Louie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if I consider abd traction or stability control in the traditional sense.

I have only been able to trigger ABD a couple of times and that was becuase I was messing around and really trying hard (e.g. turning left in the rain at WOT) - IMO ABD will never intervene to save the car the way PSM does. I think it is applying the rear brakes when the green light flashes.

Does anyone else know more about ABD and what conditions are to trigger it's operation, it seems like it never gets triggered even under very adverse situations.
Old 12-22-2003, 01:06 AM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've triggered mine at WOT, first gear, wet roads, but sure wasn't looking at the dash when I did it!
Old 12-22-2003, 05:12 AM
ACEparts_com
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that part of the problem is that I'm so used to having unlimited traction that as soon as it starts to break free I wonder if everything's working OK!

Quick Reply: Anyone have ABD work?