Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum-62/)
-   -   '97 black TT sells at BJ for $115K (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/1044428-97-black-tt-sells-at-bj-for-115k.html)

Parnelli 01-22-2018 09:10 PM

'97 black TT sells at BJ for $115K

This is my old car. I sold it February 2015 (for "nicely more than" $115K ))

Anyway, somebody got a great car at a great price! Even had hardback sport seats

BTW, it had 993 turbo wheels on it when I sold it......vs what looks like 996's now

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...1-TURBO-215881

Ridin Dirty 01-22-2018 09:48 PM

:corn:

wow i’ll say someone got a deal. Looks like they were trying to sell it for 150 for a while

Really roll of the dice with that no reserve

Parnelli 01-22-2018 10:04 PM

Yep. They left a lot of money on the table in my opinion. BJ tends to shuffle cars across the stage too quickly! I owned it for 6 years and can attest to the fact that it was a fantastic car!

goofballdeluxe 01-22-2018 10:05 PM

With 60K miles on the clock, I'd say at $115K this was both well sold and well bought and in line with realistic 2018 pricing. The frenzied froth of pricing on 993s the last few years has cooled and this price reflects that.

Both parties should be happy. :cheers:

Nurburger 01-23-2018 09:58 AM

I'd say it was definitely well bought, considering this 90k mile turbo with a very subjective paint/interior combination sold for $144k including commission...

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...1-TURBO-213653

goofballdeluxe 01-23-2018 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nurburger (Post 14749108)
I'd say it was definitely well bought, considering this 90k mile turbo with a very subjective paint/interior combination sold for $144k including commission...

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...1-TURBO-213653

I'd say whoever bought this car over paid by a large margin ^^^^

As for the OP car, a good comp is a lovely Slate Grey 993TT with 77K miles that just sold here on RL last week. Selling price was close to $120K.

The $150K pricing range for 993TTs might be hit for low mileage garage queens, but both the OP auction car and the Slate Grey sale indicate that cars with 60K-80K miles on them are usually fetching around $120K on the open market. Obviously there are exceptions to that rule :cheers:

E-Man 01-23-2018 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Parnelli (Post 14748497)
Yep. They left a lot of money on the table in my opinion. BJ tends to shuffle cars across the stage too quickly! I owned it for 6 years and can attest to the fact that it was a fantastic car!

I looked at this car close up, along with the other 993 turbos there. It belonged to a dealer in my area called Park Place motors. I heard they bought somewhere around 90 cars to BJ? Your old car looked nice and I really liked the other one mentioned in this thread, the paint was Moroccan Red. Beautiful in person!

Nurburger 01-23-2018 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe (Post 14749509)
I'd say whoever bought this car over paid by a large margin ^^^^

As for the OP car, a good comp is a lovely Slate Grey 993TT with 77K miles that just sold here on RL last week. Selling price was close to $120K.

The $150K pricing range for 993TTs might be hit for low mileage garage queens, but both the OP auction car and the Slate Grey sale indicate that cars with 60K-80K miles on them are usually fetching around $120K on the open market. Obviously there are exceptions to that rule :cheers:

I don't disagree on the $144k for the 90k turbo, but I do on Parnelli's old car vs Chad's. While Chad's (ex) slate grey car is truly beautiful, the interior color change was a great choice on his part but a hit on value. Chad also decided to list the car at a price that would sell quickly, which it obviously did.

Parnelli's car at 60k and mostly original sans turbo twists and in a rare color should have sold for far more than $115 - and most likely would have if listed on Porsche forum sites.

I'm not posting trying to up the value of 993tt's as I'm one of the lucky ones (like Chad) to have bought long before the jump in values.

Ridin Dirty 01-24-2018 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nurburger (Post 14750412)
I don't disagree on the $144k for the 90k turbo, but I do on Parnelli's old car vs Chad's. While Chad's (ex) slate grey car is truly beautiful, the interior color change was a great choice on his part but a hit on value. Chad also decided to list the car at a price that would sell quickly, which it obviously did.

Parnelli's car at 60k and mostly original sans turbo twists and in a rare color should have sold for far more than $115 - and most likely would have if listed on Porsche forum sites.

I'm not posting trying to up the value of 993tt's as I'm one of the lucky ones (like Chad) to have bought long before the jump in values.

Echo, no reserve auctions, just such a roll of the dice, but $144 for the higher mile burgundy?...yikes!!...... and $115 for Parnelli's defies logic

So we cant apply logic to NR auctions, those two cars sales prices should be flipped and we wouldn't bat an eye. The Moroccan must be a paint to sample; it is a stunning color thought that's true ...but the interior is a definite "eye of the beholder" thing.
But then again who would put 996 twists (albeit yes they are prettier than 993 twists IMHO) on Parnelli's essentially stock collectible grade low mile car?...and then not even sell with and/or retain the 993 twists?

mad mad world.....but fun :)

997rs4.0 01-24-2018 03:06 PM

At the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

E-Man 01-24-2018 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty (Post 14751736)
Echo, no reserve auctions, just such a roll of the dice, but $144 for the higher mile burgundy?...yikes!!...... and $115 for Parnelli's defies logic

So we cant apply logic to NR auctions, those two cars sales prices should be flipped and we wouldn't bat an eye. The Moroccan must be a paint to sample; it is a stunning color thought that's true ...but the interior is a definite "eye of the beholder" thing.
But then again who would put 996 twists (albeit yes they are prettier than 993 twists IMHO) on Parnelli's essentially stock collectible grade low mile car?...and then not even sell with and/or retain the 993 twists?

mad mad world.....but fun :)

Parnelli's old car hammered at $115k and the Moroccan Red car hammered at $130k. We're talking about a $15k difference. Add buyers commission to both those numbers and that's the total price.

Trey03 01-25-2018 11:06 AM

This market is really hard to figure out...

As a point of reference, I bought a polar silver '96 with 33k miles about 4 months ago. The car is a clean no stories car with black factory optioned hardbacks. During the previous owners 10 years of ownership, he had put a 3 spoke steering wheel, RS shifter and speedlines on the car but didn't have the original bits. I've since picked up a proper wheel, shifter and turbo twists so i can have the car 100% original. The online photos of the car looked pretty poor but in person the car was actually pristine. My local shop has gone through the car with a comb and the car needs nothing. I managed to purchase the car for $105k.

TheBen 01-27-2018 12:15 AM

Not sure Barret Jackson was the right place to sell the TT to be honest...

mickfluff 01-28-2018 01:35 PM

Let the slide back to reality continue please!

Less expensive 993tt cars means more end up in the reals hands of the enthusiasts, driven, modded and more!

Here is to bringing this forum back to the times of 5-7 years back. ��

115 sounds about right once add buyer fees. Be happier when these cars can be bought again around 85k.

Ridin Dirty 01-29-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by mickfluff (Post 14760827)
Let the slide back to reality continue please!

Less expensive 993tt cars means more end up in the reals hands of the enthusiasts, driven, modded and more!

Here is to bringing this forum back to the times of 5-7 years back. ��

115 sounds about right once add buyer fees. Be happier when these cars can be bought again around 85k.

Hear, Hear!!!! Love a second chance at a Ruf turbo R.....on the cheap!

5-7 yrs ago we talked about technical stuff......:burnout: