'97 black TT sells at BJ for $115K - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

'97 black TT sells at BJ for $115K

Reply

Old 01-30-2018, 02:29 PM
  #16  
Overdraft
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Overdraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,258
Default

https://markmotorsporsche.com/invent...SILVER+1647259

This is my car...and in Canadian dollars of course which the ask..but I sincerely believe the right ask (+- $ 150k) US.
Overdraft is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:26 PM
  #17  
Parnelli
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,693
Default

Overdraft, I LOVE your car!! Beautiful.

Mine also had the HB sport seats and red seat belts. And very similar mileage.

Based on that I'm guessing the right number is closer to $135K ish USD in this market. Hope I'm wrong

GLWS!
Parnelli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:28 AM
  #18  
mickfluff
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
mickfluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,853
Default

125k is more in line imo but hope u get more.


Originally Posted by Overdraft View Post
https://markmotorsporsche.com/invent...SILVER+1647259

This is my car...and in Canadian dollars of course which the ask..but I sincerely believe the right ask (+- $ 150k) US.
mickfluff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:46 PM
  #19  
TT Surgeon
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TT Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: KC ex pat marooned in NY
Posts: 12,931
Default

ODs car is very clean, in the current market I think the number is probably around 115-125, but I could be wrong, glws
c
TT Surgeon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:13 AM
  #20  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,481
Default

Originally Posted by Overdraft View Post
https://markmotorsporsche.com/invent...SILVER+1647259

This is my car... I sincerely believe the right ask (+- $ 150k) US.
Current sales prices for similar mileage 993TTs and others' comments here suggest your car is priced very optimistically, but all it takes is one buyer who thinks it's worth it.

Good luck; a rising tide lifts all boats
goofballdeluxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:02 AM
  #21  
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,475
Default

So I have a friend trying to sell a 993 TT with 21k miles has original paint except for one front fender painted from a scratch no accident damage. I have to find out more details but I believe it has turbos upgraded.
Has full factory CF interior black over black comes with two sets of twist wheels one set painted black the others are silver but I believe they are NB offset with spacers.
I suggested $160k for selling price. Thoughts??
cobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:27 PM
  #22  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,481
Default

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
So I have a friend trying to sell a 993 TT with 21k miles has original paint except for one front fender painted from a scratch no accident damage. I have to find out more details but I believe it has turbos upgraded.
Has full factory CF interior black over black comes with two sets of twist wheels one set painted black the others are silver but I believe they are NB offset with spacers.
I suggested $160k for selling price. Thoughts??
I'd suggest he follow this auction on BaT. Not apples to apples, but close enough:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...e-911-turbo-3/
goofballdeluxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:04 PM
  #23  
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,475
Default

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe View Post
I'd suggest he follow this auction on BaT. Not apples to apples, but close enough:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...e-911-turbo-3/
Nice ride, should bring strong money. BaT has seen some interesting activity lately. I'm assuming this market is like the others with sub 10k mile cars usually bringing a strong premium even over 21k. Is the turbo S CF interior worth much? I guess that is a love or hate thing. His also has the H&R suspension.

Lets see what the next couple of days bring. BaT might be a good place for him to sell.
cobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 05:36 PM
  #24  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,481
Default

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
Nice ride, should bring strong money. BaT has seen some interesting activity lately. I'm assuming this market is like the others with sub 10k mile cars usually bringing a strong premium even over 21k. Is the turbo S CF interior worth much? I guess that is a love or hate thing. His also has the H&R suspension.

Lets see what the next couple of days bring. BaT might be a good place for him to sell.
Problem is, most 993TT owners still think it's 2016 and their car is worth $150K or more. Sure, a few are. But most aren't.

Those priced to sell, move. Those priced wishing prices were still at their peak, sit
goofballdeluxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:36 AM
  #25  
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,475
Default

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe View Post
Problem is, most 993TT owners still think it's 2016 and their car is worth $150K or more. Sure, a few are. But most aren't.

Those priced to sell, move. Those priced wishing prices were still at their peak, sit
Is the 993TT market on the decline? I have recently witnessed some 964 turbos in similar condition, more miles, sell for record prices privately. No doubt the overpriced crud don't sell or bring poor money but nice ones are still on the rise. I would be surprised to see a clean 993TT sell for less than a comparable 964 3.3lT but I don't follow the TT market closely.
cobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:38 PM
  #26  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,481
Default

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
Is the 993TT market on the decline? I have recently witnessed some 964 turbos in similar condition, more miles, sell for record prices privately. No doubt the overpriced crud don't sell or bring poor money but nice ones are still on the rise. I would be surprised to see a clean 993TT sell for less than a comparable 964 3.3lT but I don't follow the TT market closely.
I don't think the 993TT market is on the decline as a whole, but it certainly peaked a while back and perhaps has settled to a place lower than the frothy heights of a few years ago. Thing is, most sellers are still pricing anything at the highest peak prices.

As you said, the nicest ones still command top dollar and move, but I see 60K mile and up examples priced at $125K-$150K, and they just seem to sit.
goofballdeluxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:51 PM
  #27  
cobalt
Addict
Rennlist Member

 
cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,475
Default

Ok I see what you are saying and agree. Initially anything with a pulse was grabbed up at stupid prices and a lot of crud sitting at "into it for too much" pricing. Others just dreaming. I think the BaT will be educational. This is not a perfect car but miles and overall condition above average from what i am seeing. Same is going on in most of the air-cooled market. People actually became educated and now realize that not all are worth big money.

This happened back in the 80's grey market as well. There is that period when the good reasonably priced cars disappear and then people buy the cobbled together stuff for what cars were selling for prior to the quality change. Nothing wrong with a pristine example going for huge money but a driver?
cobalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 02:19 PM
  #28  
goofballdeluxe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
goofballdeluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,481
Default

Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
Nothing wrong with a pristine example going for huge money but a driver?
Exactly
goofballdeluxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 10:26 PM
  #29  
Parnelli
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,693
Default

$145 at best for the 21k car
Parnelli is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:10 PM
  #30  
bbs993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
bbs993tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 2,523
Default

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/19...e-993-turbo-4/

Here's a datapoint from Amelia Island. 1996 Guards Red/cashmere with 22,000 miles sells for $159,500.
bbs993tt is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '97 black TT sells at BJ for $115K


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: