993 Forum 1995-1998

Tire question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 03:52 PM
patela
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire question

So I managed to damage both the right side tires on my car so that the front now has a torn sidewall, and the rear has a scrape on the sidewall that won't hold for long.

Here's my problem/question: the current tires are Conti ExtremeContact DW with less than 5K miles on them. This tire has been discontinued and replaced with the Conti ExtremeContact Sport, which, from what I can tell, is a bit different in construction from the ExtremeContact DW.

I've had a few places look for replacement ExtremeContact DW tires, but they seem to be out of stock everywhere, so now I'm trying to figure out what to do.

One place offered to order the EC Sports, but it seems like having different tires on different sides of the car is not a great idea.

I'm thinking that my only choice now is to buy a whole new set of tires. Thoughts? Anyone have any other clever ideas?

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:26 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Sounds like your question is an economic one. I would see if the tires came with a road hazard protection. With or without a reputable dealer should be willing to give you some sort of replacement discount as you purchased 4 tires that now two of them can not be used with a replacement of the same design due to a change in availability. Also Discussing the issue directly with Continental Tire USA may bear fruit with a discount as well.

Good luck with this.

Quick Reply: Tire question