993 Forum 1995-1998

Led lights and hid/led headlight upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 05:18 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by tsloeza
If you want to see a real difference, buy the Tore kit and upgrade the projectors in the lens with these. Big improvement
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...rsche-993.html
Just did mine, I had been using Tore's HiD's for awhile and saw a post about these and decided to try them. Installation is fairy easy, headlights will need adjusting after. High beam makes a huge difference. Heres a couple of pics.

I also have Tors HID kit but find the output a bit weak . is the last pic just the headlamps (with tors bulb kit) or hi beams ?
Old 08-05-2017, 07:47 PM
tsloeza
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jago
I also have Tors HID kit but find the output a bit weak . is the last pic just the headlamps (with tors bulb kit) or hi beams ?
The pic is will low beams, the light distribution is much better with the up graded lens. High beams are even brighter. You can run the standard high beam bulb or just the lens with bi-xenon high beam..
Old 08-06-2017, 03:13 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

The pic is will low beams, the light distribution is much better with the up graded lens. High beams are even brighter. You can run the standard high beam bulb or just the lens with bi-xenon high beam..
looks like great product for the money thanks!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:04 AM
HAKOSUKA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im considering the bixenon option from morimoto
one question, if i get the bixenon kit, will tore kit still work? or do i have to get a low hi kit for the bixenon? (the one offered in morimoto site)
second question after exchanging the morimoto projectors into the housing will i be able to fit the whole tore kit into it? is the space left the same as OEM?
me asking is cause living in hong kong there are strict norms for chaging parts and have to do anual checks to pass registrations
Old 08-08-2017, 11:11 PM
tsloeza
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LuisMarcos
im considering the bixenon option from morimoto
one question, if i get the bixenon kit, will tore kit still work? or do i have to get a low hi kit for the bixenon? (the one offered in morimoto site)
second question after exchanging the morimoto projectors into the housing will i be able to fit the whole tore kit into it? is the space left the same as OEM?
me asking is cause living in hong kong there are strict norms for chaging parts and have to do anual checks to pass registrations
Yes, Tore kit will work, if you want to also use your existing hight beam bulb (H1) along with the kit you will also need the high beam spitter harness. One thing about the splitter harness, the connectors to the H1 bulb and to the ground point are large and really don't fit well, Its a good Idea to replace the terminals with the correct size ones.

Yes it will all fit into the headlight assembly. A little messy with high beam splitter harness but it all does fit. The headlight assembly looks no different from the out side.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:22 AM
HAKOSUKA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, Tore kit will work, if you want to also use your existing hight beam bulb (H1) along with the kit you will also need the high beam spitter harness. One thing about the splitter harness, the connectors to the H1 bulb and to the ground point are large and really don't fit well, Its a good Idea to replace the terminals with the correct size ones.

Yes it will all fit into the headlight assembly. A little messy with high beam splitter harness but it all does fit. The headlight assembly looks no different from the out side.
so the morimoto bi xenon kit wont house the high and low together? im little confused thought bi xenon means it will be housed together? so no matter what i do the high beams will always be normal h1 bulbs?
Old 08-09-2017, 02:36 AM
tsloeza
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LuisMarcos
so the morimoto bi xenon kit wont house the high and low together? im little confused thought bi xenon means it will be housed together? so no matter what i do the high beams will always be normal h1 bulbs?
You will have two options.
if you buy the high beam spitter harness, the wires that feed the H1 high beam will be connected to the splitter harness, from the splitter it connect back to the H1 high beam and to the actuator on the on the new projector lens.
This gives you two high beams. The H1 high beam and the xenon high beam in the Projector lens.
Your other option is to not to use the splitter harness, connect the wiring from the H1 high beam to the Actuator on the projector lens and this will give you xenon high beam and Low beam. The Normal H1 high beam is no longer connected. Hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:05 AM
vancouver z
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

i havent purchased the HID bulbs/ballasts yet, but will get the morimoto projectors. do you think there is a difference between Tore's HID kit vs Morimoto's HID? it lookds like Tore's ballasts fit inside the assembly whereas the morimoto ballasts are install on either side of the frunk. did you install the relays as well?
Old 09-24-2019, 02:16 AM
tsloeza
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vancouver z
i havent purchased the HID bulbs/ballasts yet, but will get the morimoto projectors. do you think there is a difference between Tore's HID kit vs Morimoto's HID? it lookds like Tore's ballasts fit inside the assembly whereas the morimoto ballasts are install on either side of the frunk. did you install the relays as well?
Get the Tore's kits, they fit cleanly in the headlights. No relays necessary, the kits are plug and play
Old 09-24-2019, 11:55 AM
yuval
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default HELLA HID

15 years ago ,i got the hella HID ballast. till today, never had to replace any part. was not cheap, but best quality.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:42 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 182 Posts

The retrofit source is your friend here...
Morimoto bi-xenon 993 retro fit kit, includes the new bi-xenon projector housing, specific 993 mounting hardware, and the appropriate wiring adaptors. Add in the high beam splitter harness with the order.

Either Tore, or Morimoto HID’s...Tore’s fit perfectly inside the housing...and I had one failure with a Morimoto HID in my daughters car...so I would suggest Tore’s setup. That Morimoto failure was immediately replaced, from the retrofit source.

Rplace the H1 high beam bulb with an LED. Choose either a Morimoto H1 LED, or other.

The bi-xenon acts as both a low/high beam, and with the high beam splitter...it powers BOTH the bi-xenon, and the factory H1 high beam bulb. This combination throws a stunning amount of light.

Don’t forget to re-aim your headlights.

The above, combined with a complete LED exterior bulb change...is simply awesome.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:01 PM
vancouver z
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

tore does not require the use of relays, the morimoto HIDs do require relays mounted in the trunk. any issues with a system not using relays? and many have suggested cyclops high beam. is the cyclops substantially better than others?
Old 09-24-2019, 07:33 PM
TheFatArmadillo
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by vancouver z
tore does not require the use of relays, the morimoto HIDs do require relays mounted in the trunk. any issues with a system not using relays? and many have suggested cyclops high beam. is the cyclops substantially better than others?
I’ve got a set of Tore’s HIDs sitting in a box in my garage that I bought for a car I didn’t actually buy, instead bought one with the factory Litronics. If you’re interested, send me a PM and we can work out something.

Quick Reply: Led lights and hid/led headlight upgrade