Rennline adjustable accelerator pedal stop advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 11:10 AM
initial
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennline adjustable accelerator pedal stop advice

Hi,

I purchased and installed the Rennline kit- floorboard, adjustable accelerator pedal, clutch, brake and dead pedal kit.

Everything is in but I need help with the adjustments.

The adjustable accelerator pedal has an adjustable pedal stop at the top. The stop should come in contact with the floorboard when you are at full throttle and prevents stretching the cable. The stop is probably 1 inch or more away from hitting the floorboard.

1. Ideally, for occasional track use, should I be lowering my accelerator pedal more as compared to the brake pedal. What's a good rule of thumb (1 or 2 inches lower?!?) I also, want to easily heal and toe in regular street driving as well, without having to stomp on the brakes too hard.

2. Assuming I get my accelerator pedal height to where I want it, and the pedal stop still does not come into contact with the floorboard, what have others done? Increased length of adjustable bolt (stop) or add / screw on something to the Rennline floorboard for additional height (like a piece of hockey puck)?

Any advice from others who have experience with this setup would be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Initial
Old 04-09-2017, 08:53 PM
initial
Instructor

Old 04-15-2017, 12:10 PM
initial
Instructor

Ok. I'll answer my own question for future searches.

The rod that hooks up to the pedal linkage is still too long and your pedal is too high. You need to keep cutting down the linkage rod. The bolt for the pedal stop will hit the floorboard (based on adjustments) if the linkage rod is short enough.

Make sure you are not stretching the accelerator cable. You'll need someone to help by checking the accelerator mechanism for play in the engine bay when you press the cable to WOT and release a little bit.

P.S. Rennline instructions indicate that the connecting rod should be bolted between the two pedal uprights. This will create an angle from the pedal connecting rod to the oem linkage. To avoid this pronounced angle, I bolted the connecting rod to the outside (right) of the two uprights with the nut in the middle of the uprights. I think it's a better setup.

Last edited by initial; 04-15-2017 at 01:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:05 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by initial
Ok. I'll answer my own question for future searches.

The rod that hooks up to the pedal linkage is still too long and your pedal is too high. You need to keep cutting down the linkage rod. The bolt for the pedal stop will hit the floorboard (based on adjustments) if the linkage rod is short enough.

Make sure you are not stretching the accelerator cable. You'll need someone to help by checking the accelerator mechanism for play in the engine bay when you press the cable to WOT and release a little bit.

P.S. Rennline instructions indicate that the connecting rod should be bolted between the two pedal uprights. This will create an angle from the pedal connecting rod to the oem linkage. To avoid this pronounced angle, I bolted the connecting rod to the outside (right) of the two uprights with the nut in the middle of the uprights. I think it's a better setup.
i'm considering this pedal, any pics?

Quick Reply: Rennline adjustable accelerator pedal stop advice