993 Forum 1995-1998

What is the liability of shop for PPI

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 12:00 AM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek911
I think PPI's are overated. There is nothing better than seeing, listening, and driving for yourself... Especially if you are familiar with the car and have owned or driven one or two.
If it's not smoking, leaking oil, starts, drives well, and looks good, what more do you need? Yes, it may need top end work or have other issues, but PPI's can't find everything anyway. If fact, my car runs so well, that if I were selling it, I wouldn't even allow people to PPI it for fear of it being damaged by the PPI. I think if someone would look at and drive my car and still want a PPI, I would think they are crazy. I think a knowledgeable buyer would be able to tell if a car needs further evaluation. Also, a knowledgeable and honest seller is worth more than you can spend on the best PPI money could buy.
Your last sentence lies at the very crux of an interesting thread I got part way through reading yesterday. Can't find it now, anyone know where it was moved to?
Old 03-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Tlaloc75
Three Wheelin'

Received 147 Likes on 101 Posts

I think a good PPI by an expert mechanic who knows the 993 inside and out is priceless. If I coud have SteveW PPI all my 993 purchases past and future, I'd be a happy man.

That kind of PPI is very hard to find. I think most PPIs are not worth much, unfortunately. I've never gotten much value from on personally.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:17 AM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Your last sentence lies at the very crux of an interesting thread I got part way through reading yesterday. Can't find it now, anyone know where it was moved to?
Apparently [and IMO mistakenly] deleted by moderator. They don't like to see one Rennlister get taken advantage of by another. It tarnishes the family image they are trying to portray
Old 03-18-2017, 12:20 AM
user 723923490
Banned

Received 121 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Sent to the abyss...
Old 03-18-2017, 02:49 PM
Gt3stig
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek911
I think PPI's are overated. There is nothing better than seeing, listening, and driving for yourself... Especially if you are familiar with the car and have owned or driven one or two.
If it's not smoking, leaking oil, starts, drives well, and looks good, what more do you need? Yes, it may need top end work or have other issues, but PPI's can't find everything anyway. If fact, my car runs so well, that if I were selling it, I wouldn't even allow people to PPI it for fear of it being damaged by the PPI. I think if someone would look at and drive my car and still want a PPI, I would think they are crazy. I think a knowledgeable buyer would be able to tell if a car needs further evaluation. Also, a knowledgeable and honest seller is worth more than you can spend on the best PPI money could buy.

its the ****s when an honest seller turns into a dishonest selller because of greed.

when i buy a car and i find out the seller has lied about something i let him know and if he dosent do the right thing i start a lawsuit.
he ****s his pants and discovers it's against the law to lie about the condition car when selling. Of course their are problems with the car thst he cant posdibly know but if he lies, hes liable.

Seller says, car runs perfect, you get the car and it doesnt shift right. He lied about the car running perfect. Hes liable. Seller thinks he. Can get away with it, not so...

I bought one of my 993s from A sponsor here on rennlist ... they lied about the condition of the car they made it right, cost them 3k
Old 03-18-2017, 03:14 PM
Gt3stig
Racer

Seller shows a ton of invoices for work done and services, you buy the car and discover an invoice that wasnt included with the originall for sale write up and it was an invoice for trouble shooting a problem with the car and you discover the car still has the problem.....the seller had lied, he has to buy the car back or pay you for the repair. Its the law.
When the ppi is done by the sellers shop and they dont disclose a problem with the car because the want thier customer to make the sale, hes opening himself to be inluded in the lawsuit. Seller and ppi shop are in trouble. They think they can get away with it, not so.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:21 PM
Gt3stig
Racer

Yes, you can sell a car "as is" no warranties implied. But this wont save you as a seller if you lie about the confition of the car.

Quick Reply: What is the liability of shop for PPI