Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Current recommendations for wheel alignment incl KT in DFW?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 01:35 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Current recommendations for wheel alignment incl KT in DFW?

Trying to figure out the best place for a 4 wheel alignment including kinematic toe in the Dallas area. I've read some older threads recommending RAC and Mayo but I'd like some current opinions whether these or others are the best places still in the area. RAC seems the most cost effective. PM if you have any comments or personal experiences.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:53 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Suggest you do some research before you let any shop mess with your KT.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:25 AM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Suggest you do some research before you let any shop mess with your KT.
Martin, it would appear Corrdobrit is a step ahead of you!

I used Mayo last year including KT and am happy with the result.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Default KT Standard

I used Jae Lee at Mirage International in San Diego. He practically disassembles the rear suspension and uses gauges and a dash of magic. It takes him about 7 hours to do the KT and an alignment. I had the KT done here years ago....haven't touched it since....but his shop is a long way from Dalllas
Old 12-23-2016, 12:06 PM
CorrdoBrit
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JB 911
Martin, it would appear Corrdobrit is a step ahead of you!

I used Mayo last year including KT and am happy with the result.
Yes, I had a good impression when I spoke to the owner of Mayo. During the conversation he mentioned a system that I don't think relies on the Porsche supplied tool but bolts to the rear brake calipers. In fact the handling issues may have nothing to do with rear alignment so perhaps I can leave that alone.

I'll start a new thread with some current numbers just so that a wider audience can chime in.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I have gone through many alignment issues lately. And would be happy to discuss my experience with you. PM me your phone number if you want to discuss.

Your shimmy is very likely bushings and not alignment related. What suspension are you running?

Short answer to your post: Mayo is the most informed and will take the time to get it right. He understands KT. RAC has undergone so much change over the years that I no longer go there. Dealers may have the KT tool and the latest equipment, but not the 993 specific knowledge. At least it didn't work for my car after two attempts.
Old 12-23-2016, 01:19 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CorrdoBrit
Yes, I had a good impression when I spoke to the owner of Mayo. During the conversation he mentioned a system that I don't think relies on the Porsche supplied tool but bolts to the rear brake calipers. In fact the handling issues may have nothing to do with rear alignment so perhaps I can leave that alone.

I'll start a new thread with some current numbers just so that a wider audience can chime in.
That's the Motorsport/knockoff tool. Plenty of stuff you'll come up with a search re: low ride height where you use this tool v. stock v. manually.

Quick Reply: Current recommendations for wheel alignment incl KT in DFW?