Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Water leak in the cabin PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 04:00 PM
disconoir
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak in the cabin PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi guys, so I posted before about this an the general consensus was windscreen poorly fitted or rust in the screen area, so I had the screen refitted properly, apparently missing about 6" of sealant so that was fixed.

Thought it was all OK but today driving to work I saw water dribbling down the carpet on the edge near the door, looks like it was coming maybe from the edge of the dash area? Any idea where it might be coming from? PLEASE HELP ME!! It's driving me nuts.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:12 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,018 Posts

if on the passenger side it may be the drain came loos or is clogged on the AC evaporator. Also if the weather out your way is hot an humid it could be condensation on some of the vent hoses. Also it could be old moisture from before your fix. Keep an eye on it and see if it progresses before you take action. If you think it is leaking around the glass you may be able to shoot some sealent under the window rubber trim and see if that helps. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:25 PM
disconoir
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks will have a look into that, it's passenger side on a RHD car though so the left side. Windscreen is apparently fine according to the guys who fixed it, although it does creak a bit since it was re-fitted.

Any other suggestions, is there anywhere else water ingress could come from round that area?
Old 07-27-2016, 11:28 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts

Make sure your sunroof drains (Assuming you have a sunroof) and the drains under the frunk/bonnet are clear.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:27 AM
bcameron59
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
Make sure your sunroof drains (Assuming you have a sunroof) and the drains under the frunk/bonnet are clear.
This.

And make sure the front sunroof drain hose exits into the cavity beneath the fender (wing) and behind the door jambs / hinges. This area is only visible with the door open.

Mine was shoved back into the jamb and so drained to the inside of the car. Not good.

Quick Reply: Water leak in the cabin PLEASE HELP!!!!!